Chapter 4: One Night in Bonesborough

Thank you to Trixie090306 for helping with the story. Crystal Clawthorne belongs to her.

After the Covention, Leon had told the gang about his encounter with Vitimir. The gang was surprised that Leon was offered to become the protégé of a coven head. This was a pretty big offer that laid heavily on Leon's thoughts. As for Crystal, she became a wanted criminal after her performance at the Covention. Crystal had to mostly hide her face from the guards now, but Eda was happy that her daughter got her wanted poster. Leon would have considered this odd, but he's come to know that this is just how Eda's family is like. Leon had brought up what happened with his parents, Sylvia and Albert, and they were quite shocked. Albert was encouraging his son that he should go for it while Sylvia was skeptical of her son getting involved with something like this. Leon had spent the next few days thinking about it while trying to find something else. He had been spending some time in the woods on his own, playing his ocarina. He was trying to recreate what he had felt during the storm the other day. Unfortunately, he had no luck.

It was night time, and Leon was wondering near the market. He was deep in thought about Vitimir's offer.

Leon: I don't think I've ever thought about something so much in my life. If I accept, I'll gain access to advance potion training. But, it would leave me with some heavy responsibility. Not to mention I'd gain a bit of un-wanted attention at school.

Leon thought about his options when he suddenly bumps into Amity and Boscha.

Boscha: Hey, watch it twerp! *realizes who it is and smiles menacingly* Well, if it isn't Not-a-Witch Leon.

Leon: *annoyed* Hey Boscha. Still feeding students to lockers?

Boscha: More like, practicing Grudgby for the big season. I am our schools team captain after all. Though, you wouldn't know what it's like.

Amity: Lay off him, Boscha. It's not worth patronizing him.

Leon is still shocked hearing Amity act like this. It seems like ever since her duel with Luz, she had been going easy on everyone.

Amity: Though, I am curious if the rumors are true.

Boscha: Oh right, that.

Leon: I don't like where this is going. What rumors?

Boscha: There's been talk around Hexside that a student overheard an offer from Vitimir to you. Supposedly you were offered to become his protégé.

Leon's eyes widen from hearing that. Amity and Boscha take notice and grin.

Amity: Never mind, your face says it all.

Boscha: Don't worry, we'll keep this one to ourselves.

Amity and Boscha chuckle as they walk off. Leon watches them leave with a nervous look.

Leon: Well, so much for keeping my classmates from knowing.

Leon continues walking until he noticed Crystal, who was wearing a hood to hide herself. Leon smiles and approaches her.

Leon: Hey, what's up Crystal?

Crystal: *panicked whispering* Shh! Leon, don't say my name out loud! I'm a wanted criminal now, remember!?

Leon: Oh, sorry. So, what brings you out of the Owl House?

Crystal: Mom needed me to get some groceries, so here I am.

Leon: She couldn't get the stuff herself?

Crystal: The curse is taking affect again and she's out of elixir. So she's out at the night market to get some since the potion shop is out of stock.