Chapter 10: A Pain in the Knee

At the hideout, we see Leon in the gazebo roof, playing his ocarina. Leon wraps up a song with an annoyed look, seeming frustrated over something.

Leon: I don't get it, how did she do it? Crystal must have done something right.

Crystal: Done what right?

Leon looks to see Crystal, accompanied by Luz.

Leon: Oh, hey Crystal. Hey, Luz.

Luz: Hey, Leon. good to see you, buddy.

Crystal: What are you doing up here?

Leon: I've been trying to see if I could harness bard magic, like you did with your singing. *looks down and sighs* But, I haven't had any luck.

Crystal: *pats his back* Hey, I'm sure you'll figure it out. . . eventually.

Luz: *eyes widen* I know! How about you come with us and Eda?

Leon: Where are you three going?

Crystal: Mom, is taking us to the knee to teach us some magic. Mostly, Luz since she needs to learn another spell pronto otherwise she'll be put in the baby course.

Leon: Oh, that's not good. Well, I guess maybe I could learn something with you guys. Alright, count me in.

Crystal: Splendid!

Luz: C'mon, let's not waste time.

About an hour later, Eda along with the three kids arrived at the knee. Leon was wearing black winter snow boots, red pants, a yellow sweater and winter jacket, and a black winter beanie. Crystal was wearing white boots with fur on the inside, white long pants, a light purple long-sleeve winter shirt, a lavender medium length winter coat, and white fuzzy earmuffs. The gang looked upon the winter landscape in amazement as Eda speaks.

Eda: Welcome to the knee, kids.

Luz/Crystal/Leon: Wow!

The three voices echo across the isles.

Eda: The earliest witches came to the Knee to develop their magic, drawn to its natural power.

Leon: Amazing.

Luz: It's beautiful.

Eda: Though, it's not without its dangers. *gestures to the side*

The kids look in shock to see a creature gnawing at a tree trunk.

Eda: The Slitherbeast! Don't worry, if you don't mess with him, he won't mess with you.

Luz blows a raspberry at the Slitherbeast, Crystal waves at it, and Leon looks on with interest. The Slitherbeast bites through the tree trunk and sniffs in the direction of the kids. The three yelp and run off.

Eda: Here's where we'll set up shop.

Luz: I'll definitely learn my second spell here! Gorgeous views, magic in the air. And best of all, we're completely alone!

Leon: Perfect for me to practice my music. *holds his ocarina*

Crystal: And you two have, Mom and I to help you two.

a pink light illuminates Eda.

Eda: Kids, watch out!

Eda tackles the kids seconds before a pink fireball hits the spot where they had been standing in. Eda pops up over the rocks they fell behind with her staff drawn. Luz, Crystal, and Leon also pop up, and gasps.

Amity: Sorry, whoever's over there!

Luz: *ducks back down, hides her face with her hat* Forget teaching me a spell, just make me disappear.