Chapter 11: Enemies to Frenemies

A few days had passed since the trip to the knee, Leon had been practicing his new found bard magic and finished perfecting the ice potions from the permafrost he gathered. Leon currently was walking through the halls of Hexside, deep in thought about the track he's studying.

Leon: I like potions, but I can't ignore this new found magic I have. I could always continue to study and practice in secret. Ugh! If only we were allowed to study multiple tracks!

???: I know what you mean.

Leon freaks out and turns around to see, Crystal. She was now wearing a Hexside uniform with green sleeves and leggings.

Leon: Oh, it's just you Crystal. Glad you made it into Hexside. Plant track, I see. Good work.

Crystal: Thanks, though Luz and I wanted to study multiple tracks. Sounds like you want to as well.

Leon: *sighs* Yeah, I just want to further my potential in bard magic. As of now, I'm just studying in secret.

Crystal: Same here, though I've got my mom to help.

Leon: Yeah, you're lucky. By the way, how goes things between you and Edric?

Crystal: *smiles and blushes* He's wonderful. I've never met someone so loving in my life.

Leon: *grins* Not even your own mother?

Crystal: *laughs and punches his shoulder* You know what I meant.

Leon: *holds his shoulder and chuckles* I know.

The two have a laugh and begin to chat for a bit as they walk. They were having fun until a certain someone called out to them.

Leon: I hope Luz is okay.

Crystal: I was really hoping she wouldn't get detention.

???: Well, if it isn't Not-a-Witch Leon.

Leon frowns and turns to see Boscha. Crystal turned around as well with an equal amount of annoyance.

Leon: Good afternoon, Boscha.

Boscha: Hello again. And I see you're with the Owl Lady's hairball.

Leon furrows his brow while Crystal remains still with a stoic look.

Leon: Watch it, Boscha.

Boscha: *smugly* Or what, you'll throw a beaker at me? Seam's like all you can do without any magic. And I'm not even worried about that human, there's not much she can do.

Leon clenched his fist, but calms when he see's Crystal giving him a calm look and gently holding his shoulder.

Crystal: You may think he's nothing, but that's not saying much. 

Boscha: *cocks an eyebrow*

Crystal: Even though he may not have magic like us, I still think he's better then us. Because last I checked, he's the one being trained by the potion coven head and getting advanced training. So the way I see it, he's three times the witch you are.

Crystal grins at Boscha, who just stood there completely stunned with wide eyes. Leon was just as stunned as he never expected something like that from Crystal.

Leon: Wow.

Crystal: I know just what to say to push someone's buttons.

Boscha quickly turned from stunned to angry and tosses a fireball at the ground near them, causing them to jump.