Chapter 5: Library Shenanigans

After accepting his offer, Vitimir had been training Leon and teaching him more advanced techniques in brewing. Vitimir even taught him some athletic skills for when he's out in the field. Leon had told the gang about becoming Vitimir's protégé, and they were happy for him plus a little surprised that a coven head would be so sneaky when reporting to the emperor. Today, Leon was at the Library, brushing up on his Demon Realm history. He reads through quite a few books until he see's Luz and Crystal and decides to approach them.

Leon: Hey guys.

Luz: Oh, hey Leon.

Crystal: What's up, buddy?

Leon: Not much. Just refreshing my mind on some history before a test. What are you two doing?

Crystal: Mom is busy babysitting the Bat Queen's child, so she sent Luz and I to turn in some late books of hers.

Leon: The Bat Queen? Wow, that's amazing.

Luz: So, how's your new training going?

Leon: Pretty smoothly. Vitimir is great teacher. And a cool guy as well.

Crystal: I'm glad you're pushing your talents further.

Leon: Thanks.

???: What do you think you're doing?

Luz: *gasps* We've been caught. Pretend to be a book. *poses in a box shape*

Kids are heard giggling.

Crystal: Wait a minute.

Leon: I know that voice.

The three walk to investigate. Leon peeks his head from behind a wall, followed by Crystal above him, and Luz above her. The three see Amity reading to children.

Luz: Amity reading to children?

Crystal: Amity seems so...nice and smiley.

Leon: Maybe there really is more to her then I thought.

Amity finishes reading and the kids thank her before running off. Amity is about to walk off, until she notices the trio and gets her usual attitude again.

Amity: Ugh! You guys again!?

Leon: So, you read to kids? Didn't expect that from you.

Crystal: That's really sweet and motherly of you.

Luz: Looks like this sour lemon drop has a hidden sweet center.

Amity: It's for extra credit. Don't get your leggings in a bunch.

Leon: I'm confused. If you're this friendly with kids, why can't you be like that with us?

Luz: We could help with the kids. We could take turns reading. And do voices. I do the best *Robotic tone* monster voice.

Crystal: I actually know a thing or two about looking after kids. Believe me, I have to look after King and Luz.

Luz playfully punches Crystal as they laugh. Amity gets tired of listening to them and slams some books on the table.

Amity: Alright, listen here you three! Do you see me going to the Owl Shack and bugging you while you... fry up owls? *Scoffs.* Okay, I don't really know what you three do there, but every time you come near me, I get in trouble. Just leave me alone.

Luz: Sorry! Sorry!

Crystal: We didn't mean any trouble.

Luz and Crystal walk away, downtrodden. Leon looks at Amity as though he was about to say something, but just looks at her with disappointment before walking away. Amity starts to raise her hand to stop him, but doesn't.