Chapter 12: Date Night

We open up with Crystal and Amity at the hideout training ground. Amity was teaching Crystal how to use abominations. It was clear that despite the training, Crystal was having trouble getting the hang of it. Eventually they end their training and head out.

Amity: Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it.

Crystal: I hope so. I feel like this will be a good skill to have.

Amity: It has it's uses. By the way, didn't you say you had plans with Edric tonight?

Crystal: Yeah, we're going out to the fair that's in town tonight.

Amity: Oh, that sounds romantic.

Crystal: I'm sure it will be.

Amity: *whispers* Maybe I could ask Luz?

Crystal: What was that?

Amity: *blushing* Nothing!

Crystal looks at her with a skeptical look before the two laugh it off and walk off. Meanwhile with Leon and Emira, the two were walking through the streets and talking.

Leon: So, you know healing magic?

Emira: I don't use it often, but yeah.

Leon: That's a pretty useful skill to have. We'll have to keep that in mind for next time.

Emira: Agreed, so where are we going?

Leon: We should be there right about . . . now.

Emira looks to see a brightly lit carnival with many rides, games, food stands and more. Emira grew starry eyed from the sight and hugs Leon who giggles.

Emira: Thank you thank you thank you!!! This is so sweet of you!

Leon: You're welcome, my prankster.

Emira kisses his cheek a few times before they head in. The two walk through aimlessly and look around.

Leon: So, what shall we do first?

Emira: Rides, obviously.

Leon laughs and the two run off to have fun. Meanwhile with Crystal and Edric, the two were sharing cotton candy and holding hands just enjoying each others company.

Crystal: This is amazing, I'm glad you brought me here with you.

Edric: Anything for you, my Gem.

He kisses her cheek and she giggles in response. Her eyes grow wide and starry when she see's a plushie on display which seemed to resemble a puppy.

Crystal: Oh my Titan! It's so cute!

Edric: Oh, you like that?

Crystal frantically nods at him.

Edric: Hmm, alright. *to the carnie* What's the game?

Carnie: Classic and simple, get three rings, land all three in the center bottle, and win a prize.

Edric nods and pays for one game. Immediately, he could tell the game was rigged thanks to his pranking experience. He analyzes the area and settles his shots. He makes a cool trick shot with each of the three rings which all miraculously land on the center bottle. Edric grins at the carnie who looks at him in shock.

Edric: The puppy, please.

The carnie hands him the plushie and Edric gives it to Crystal who tightly hugs it.