I land on the porch of the house. I debate on knocking to be polite.

But I decided that breaking it down is better.

I rip the door off its hinges, it goes flying as I enter yet another place I was forbidden from being. The angels in the house jump, they weren't expecting me, I use that to my advantage. 

The angels, they begin trying to fight me off, it's no use. I'm stronger, both physically and mentally, my power is much stronger than theirs. As I've collected over 200 angel souls, their spells did not work on me the same way they would with another demon. 

I begin killing them, one by one, my hands are stained with blood. I absorb soul after soul, feeling more powerful with each one. 

But then I see him. Gabriel.

He shouts a spell, it hits my chest, it's painful, but I don't let it stop me. I keep walking toward him. He was stronger than most, but so was I, as I continued to absorb the pain from his spell I said a Latin word, bringing a sword into my hand. 

I throw the blade, it pierces his stomach, he screams as the dead angels around him cannot help. He pulled the blade out while falling onto the floor, but it wasn't just a regular blade, but a poisoned one. I knew his blood was poisoning him from the inside out as he hit the ground. 

"You've spent years saying you could kill me," I say as I take slow steps toward him as he lies on the floor, clutching at his wounds. "But I could sense your weakness from the moment I opened that door."

He cannot talk. As I stand over him, grabbing my blade off the ground, that makes me smirk.

He watches me with hate as I raise the blade in the air. He knows his fate.

But right before I can finish him with it, I hear something outside.

The familiar sound of a bracelet being played with, followed by an angelic voice I recognized shouting, "Gabriel?"

I swear to myself as I drop the blade to the ground once again. I knew this was my opportunity. Valeria was now the only angel left in this world. All I'd have to do is kill her the second she enters that door. 

Yet something stops me. I don't know why. I don't find it as easy to kill her as I have the rest. I hear her beginning to walk up the steps. I do the spell to cover my face, to hide my identity, and although I do not have a heart, something inside it stops me from harming her. 

𓆩♡𓆪

V A L E R I A

I get a sudden pain in my heart as my stomach drops.

I can't explain it. But it's the same feeling I get in my nightmares. I know something bad has happened, although I don't know what, but I know I need to go now. 

I quickly leave the school, flying faster than I ever have to the safe house. The air feels dark and heavy and my stomach is filled with anxiety. 

My feet hit the ground, and as they do, the house appears. I call out as I walk quickly up the hill, "Gabriel?"

I get no response. I begin running faster as I call out, "Gabriel?"

As I reach the top step, I freeze in my tracks.

The demon. He steps out. His face is hidden from me, but not his hands, I can see how much blood covers them, and my stomach turns in pain. I whisper as I begin to cry, "No."

"It is too late to save them now," the demon says to me. 

His black wings take him up in the air as he flies away. I'm not sure why he doesn't kill me, but I'm not in the mood to think about it. I run inside the house, and I see it, all the blood, all the dead bodies, my hand covers my mouth as I begin to cry. 

"Gabriel," I cry as I say his name as I see him moments away from death on the floor. I rushed over to him, trying to put pressure against his wounds, but I knew there was nothing I could do now.

"Not you, Gabriel, not you after my parents," I cried.

He can't speak he's so close to death. He reaches his hand up and puts it against my heart. My eyebrows lower, I don't understand what he's doing. 

He manages to say, his voice less than a whisper, "To protect you."

I felt something go into my heart, something powerful, my eyes shut for a moment as I was unsure what it was. And when I opened my eyes, his were closed.

I begged him to open his eyes while crying. I shook his body, my tears landing on him, the tears of an angel are supposed to heal, but it's not enough to bring him back.

With red eyes and wet cheeks, I look around the room. I see all of them dead. Slaughtered. And a sickly feeling overcame me as I realized something. Every other angel in this world was dead. 

I was all that remained. 

Word Count: 1527