x. I Will Always Love You

Magsimula sa umpisa

Stefan stared at her confused and heartbroken, "I'm sorry Stefan, I've lost feelings for you." She said. "Is this because of Damon? Do you have feelings for him?" Stefan asked.

"No!" Elena shook her head "But I do have feelings for someone else and right now it's complicated, but I will explain everything soon." she told him.

Stefan nodded and took her hands in his "I will always love you Elena" he whispered before kissing her one last time.

"I will always love you Stefan" she replied back "I do hope we can still be friends" she said.

"It's gonna take some time," Stefan said "But sure."

*~~~*~~~*~~~*

It was the end of the day, Elena walked out the school instantly spotting Elijah standing in front of his car. "He's picking you up?" Bonnie asked whispering in Elena's ear. Elena nodded waving at Elijah "I'll talk to you later Bonnie" she said before walking to her husband.

Elijah opened the door for Elena and closed it walking over to the drivers side of the car and drove off.

"So how was your day?" Elijah asked as they drove through Mystic Falls. "Did you know they Rebekah and Kol would be coming to my school?" Elena asked.

Elijah nodded "Are you not happy about it?" He grabbed her hand. "I'm happy about it, it's just a warning would be good next time" Elena replied.

Elijah nodded at his wife. "Can you take me home?" She asked. "Of course" Elijah said.

*~~~*~~~*~~~*

Weeks had gone by; Elena still hasn't told Stefan or Damon about her connection to the Mikaelson's, she told Alaric only because he almost killed Elijah when he saw him in the house.

Caroline and Bonnie have been hanging around a lot since they've found out, Elena has started to notice a behavior change in Klaus whenever Caroline was around. Kol would flirt with Bonnie but she never paid attention to him because she's dating Jeremy.

Elena was at the Grill with Bonnie and Caroline when they got a text from Stefan. 'Meet at the boarding house in 10, Damon found something to get rid of the Mikaelson's.' They all looked up at each other leaving the Grill in a hurry.

*~~~*~~~*~~~*

Elena opened the door to find; Stefan, Damon, Jena, and Alaric sitting in the main room of the house she entered with Caroline and Bonnie following behind her.

"You said you found something to get rid of the originals?" Bonnie asked. She had not grown to like vampires but these certain vampires are her best friends family so she put up with them more than she did Stefan or Damon.

"Yep" Damon said "Apparently there's a mama original" he say out pictures of a coffin.

Elena held in a breath "Where did you find this?" Caroline asked.

"Katherine," Damon said and everyone stared at him shock and confusion written on their faces. "She somehow escaped that dam tomb and got both of us trapped in some underground cave "We saw the coffin but couldn't get it open."

"So how do you know it's their mother or whatever?" Elena let out the breath, "It could just be a grave-"

"Nope." Damon said "It was a cave, with a coffin in it with names scribbled in on the walls" He showed them more pictures "Just like the ones Ric found with the curse" he added.

"Elena, you've been buddy buddy with that family," Stefan said "Think you can get something out of them?" he asked. "Like a last name" Damon said.

"Why don't we just drop this?" Elena said "I mean have they done something to cause any suspicion?"

"Why are you defending them? Klaus tried to kill you!" Damon said.

"I made a deal with Elijah," Elena said "He keeps his siblings mostly Klaus away from us and we not plan anything against him and his family, for all we know this person in the coffin could be a threat and that would be breaking my side of the deal with Elijah" she said.

Elena's phone binged and saw it was a text from Elijah, "I have to go" she said.

"No we have to deal with them now!" Damon vamped in front of her.

"Move Damon! I have somewhere to be!" Elena growled.

"Where Elena? Where do you have to be every minute of every day!?" Damon asked.

"Damon get the hell out of my way!" Elena said, she could have just used her magic but she had her bracelet on.

Damon grabbed her arm and she winced and Stefan vamped between them "Damon let her go!" He pushed his brother back.

Elena walked past the two brothers and to her car.

*~~~*~~~*~~~*

A/N: Here's an update! So should they find Esther first or should Elena tell them then they find Esther? I'm really looking forward to Damon and Stefan's reaction to Elena's new/old family.