Chapter Thirteen.

Thanksgiving & the truth
Amanda
. . .

Hey. It's one of the many simplest words in the english dictionary and yet...

I find myself staring at it over and over again re-reading it until it becomes all distorted and weird looking- until the word looks all weird and the letters start to look as though they don't belong.

It's a few hours after Ella's sleepover and I'm sitting in Ella's room- watching "The Half Of It" for the thousandth time- waiting for El to get out the shower.

To get our minds off kissing the girls we like- and the fact that said girls dipped before we'd even woke up that morning, El and I agreed we'd go to the mail to clear our heads- clearing our heads of course, would consist of going to build-a- bear, buying earrings out of Claires and eating random foods we think look good when we pass by a shop that sells food.

Either way, it's a lot more time consuming than dwelling over the beauty that is Hannah Anderson.

A straight girl.

I thought I'd got it over this- falling for a straight girl, that is- but I guess not...

I let out a sigh and roll of the bed- not bothering to pause my movie because I've watched it so many times I have it memorized- I walk to the bathroom connected to Ella's room- the Candy scented steam coning from her shower slapping my face as I sit on the counter and say, "she texted me".

"Who?" Ella questions from the shower- before I can answer she sticks her hand out from beside the pink strawberry patterned shower curtain and asks, "can you give me my sugar scrub- since you're right there?"

I nod and grab the fat yet flat pink colored jar beside me and get up- handing it to my cousin before reprising my role on the counter next to the sink, "Hannah..." I say slowly- the light haired girl's name along causing butterflies to form in my stomach and my heart to race.

There's a silent pause before Ella asks, "do you like her?"

I start to play with my hair, "I think so, yes".

"You're telling me we went through all that for nothing?" I hear Ella mutter under her breath.

"What?" I stop and tilt my head in confusion.

"I didn't say anything" Ella lies with a scoff- seemingly offended that I would even insinuate such a thing, "well, what are you going to do with your newfound feelings then?" Ella quickly questions, dodging my accusation.

I shrug, "I don't know" I sigh, throwing my head back and looking up at the ceiling, "I guess that's what I get for liking a straight girl".

Ella's silent for a minute before she burst into laughter, "straight?" She repeats, "I'm sorry say that again- did you just say Hannah Anderson was straight?" She laughs.

My brows furrow in confusion, "isn't she?" I mean, she liked Teddy unless...

"One of the Tanner siblings" I slowly repeat, realization hitting me like a bus, "Hannah liked me..." I look at the shower curtain like I'm looking at Ella.

The water stops and Ella grabs the pink towel dangling from the shower curtain pole, "bingo" she says, pushing back the curtain with the towel wrapped around her body.