Chapter Seven

Invites & small talk
Hannah
. . .

"No way, he asked you out?" Amanda asks with a smile as she plops down in the seat next to me.

It's Tuesday, during lunch time and I was peacefully sitting at the lunch table by myself waiting for Maddy with Olivia when Amanda came over.

Great. Now I have to pretend I like Teddy.

Olivia, who has no idea what is going on, raises her brows, "he?" Olivia mouths.

I gives her a look causing her to go by to her lunch in surrender.

"Well hi to you too Amanda- jeez, my day's been great" I say sarcastically.

Amanda smiles, "anyways, you're coming to my house so I can help you get ready, right?" She asked.

Remembering what happened last time, my lips tingled and my heart pounded. "U-uh nah I-I can do this myself" I struggled to get out.

"You sure?" She questions. No, no I was not sure.

"Uh- "

"Yeah she'll go" Olivia pipes in.

"Okay" the dark haired girl shrugs happy with this answer, "see ya Thursday night".

With that, Amanda gets up and walks away from our table and to her own- where Ella was sitting with all the rest of Amanda's friends.

"Liv what the hell!" I nearly yell.

Olivia smiles, "now that she's gone- what the fuck? You like guys now?" The caramel skinned girl asked.

"No!" I groan, "see- Maddy and El accidentally made a joke about me liking one of the Tanner siblings and now.." I sigh, my face sinking into my cupped hands, "I'm technically dating Teddy Tanner".

"Whoa" Olivia whispers.

"Yeah- and Maddy can fill you in on the rest because that's a can of worms I really- really don't want to open".

"So you still like Amanda, right?"

I nod, "yep" I reply, popping the p.

"Damn" Liv whispers, "and I just set you up to go to her house-"

"Again" I shrugs.

"Sorry.."

"You didn't know it's okay".

"I would've known if-"

Just then, Maddy comes to the table- a new jacket on her body, "guys" she nearly jumps into the seat next to Olivia; "Ella and I kind of had a date last night".

Liv and I's jaws drop, "no way" we both say in unison.

"Yes way!" Maddy begins, "after we left your house she asked if I wanted to hang out and so I said yes and we did and we cuddled and oh my gosh" Maddy squealed-

"Ahh does she know you like her?" Liv asks.

"Nah but" Maddy smiles, "she let me wear her jacket home and she even texted me 'text me when you get home' after dropping me off".