Chapter Ten

Friend talk & Theodore
Hannah
. . .

"Are you ever going to talk to her again?" Olivia asks- it's Saturday and Maddy, Olivia, and I decided to have a sleepover at my Dad's house Friday because Dad has a week long company retreat and I'm an amazing daughter who's willing to look after his house while he's gone.

The three of us are sitting criss-cross on my bed during the morning- plates of breakfast we all made this morning on our laps while wearing matching pajamas.

"Who?" I question- trying to act oblivious since that question was so out of the blue- we'ee all binging Ginny & Georgia for the thousandth time and that question was so random.

Liv gives me a look, "you know who I'm talking about".

I do. I do and I didn't want to remember that date or Teddy- or Amanda- I hate that date, I hate Teddy, and I hate the way Amanda makes me feel and how she flirted with me and makes made my heart pound and I hate everything about every moment I've ever spent with Amanda fucking Tanner.

I sigh. From beside Olivia, Maddy reaches over and grabs the remote- pausing episode six and turning her attention to me.

"I don't know" I admit, "by now, Teddy's probably already told her some fucked up version of what happened- his version, and if he hasn't he'll tell her on thanksgiving and she'll hate me.." I look down, "she'll really fucking hate me" I say softly with a sniffle.

"Or she won't.." Liv begins, placing her hand on my back reassuringly.

"How do you know for sure?" I question, looking up at her.

"Honey, you never know these types of things.. but Amanda's a good person" Maddy pipes in, "try telling her at my party".

"Right" I chuckle a little, "forgot I'm going to that".

"Can't believe it's already TG break" Olivia sighs, "I remember the first day of school like yesterday-"

"Liv shut the fuck up you sound like my grandma" I joke- Maddy and Liv laugh and the three of us go back to our show.

As the episode finishes I hand Comet my leftover bacon and think about what happened the other night for a second.

I do have a small bruise on my arm from that day- a bruise because he grabbed me so hard it left three finger prints near my shoulder- but would Amanda even believe that? And who knows, if Amanda did... wouldn't she just side with her brother? I mean, she is overprotective over him.

Because of this- I'm dreading Maddy's party- because that means I would have to face the truth- that means I'd lose Amanda..

Right when I was beginning to get to know her just a little bit.

. . .

Amanda
. . .
Friday Night:

As I walked down the street was Teddy was parked, I heard the blare of Teddy's music and saw smoke escaping his car's window.

My brows furrowed, he smokes? Teddy said he didn't smoke...