Chapter Eleven

Parties & kissing
Amanda
. . .

I like people- for as long as I can remember I've been sociable- if I stay in my room to long I go bug Jazzy- If I'm in the house to long I go bug Ella who lives a block over behind my house-

Maybe that's what I like about party's- I meet new people, get out of the house- and get to drown all my sorrows in free boozes.

It's Tuesday during thanksgiving break and even though this is Maddy's party, it's at Ella's house because Maddy's neighbors would give too many noise complaints so we just moved the party all together.

Some song I don't know the name of is blasting through Ella's older sister Hayley's speakers- people are dancing -or, attempting to dance in the living room with red solo cups full of beer or bozos in hand.

Meanwhile there's me. I'm standing in the kitchen talking to some guy I don't even know about dog breeds.

"I don't understand why people hate Pit Bulls- they're soo cute" I smiled- a little tipsy from my few sips of whatever's in my cup- as you can see, I am definitely a lightweight drinker.

"Exactly- like, if you think about it- pit bulls are the black people of dogs!" The guy agreed- lifting his cup up to his lips and taking a gulp of his drink.

"Hm, what would that make Boston Terriers?" I questioned.

The guys narrowed his eyes in thought but before he could answer someone placed their hand on my arm, "okay," Ella's said as she reached over and took the cup out of my hand, "I think that might be enough for you- do you even know who you're talking to?" She chuckled.

"Fuck you" the guy said- and then I realized just have familiar his voice sounded which caused me to wrinkle my nose.

The guy- in question, was one of my exes- Frankie Simone- and I have no idea how I didn't realize that any sooner.

"Nice seeing you too Frankie!" Ella smiled- as Frankie left, Ella stepped into his placed.

"Okay you don't need this" she began, pointing at my cup. She turned around and poured the booze down the sink before filling my cup with water, "you need this".

"Whyyy?" I whined.

"Because" she began to blush, "I'm gonna initiate spin the bottle so Maddy and I can maybeee kiss".

"Oo~" I began teasingly- I decided to take the water and chug it down- droplets of it escaping and rolling down the sides of my lips

"Oh that reminds me- " Ella took the cup from my hand, "did you ever find out what happened with Teddy and Hannah?"

And suddenly, the wave of sadness I was desperately drowning down with boozes found its way back to me.

"No" I looked down, fidgeting with my fingers, "but when I went out with Teddy Friday I realize he's a major jerk.."

My brother, who never even texted me back, might be a jerk after all.

And what hurts a little bit more is that Hannah might not trust me enough to tell me what happened.

"Ugh finally!" Ella smiled, "now ai can talk my shit about that freeloading frat fucking- weed smoking- unwashed dic-"