INTERMISSION 1: The Mission

"Making a world where kids don't need  to cry... that was the whole reason I became a spy in the first place." – Loid Forger

-----

POV : Loid

After unhooking the phone pressed to my ear, I had discreetly slipped out of the classroom, leaving behind my somewhat perplexed students. I was now heading down the corridor, carefully taking the route away from the main entrance.

"Hmm... For what reason could she possibly be calling me at this precise moment? Is there an urgent issue?" I wondered internally. If it were truly critical, she would have used the walkie-talkie, not this basic phone provided by the institution.

"Regardless, I'll soon find out," I reassured myself. One thing was certain: this call was definitely related to the ongoing mission.

Loid: Hey, Handler. What's the issue?

When I placed the device to my ear, the familiar voice of Sylvia Sherwood resonated on the other side, the commander of the Japan Intelligence Services' Western-Focused Division, or more simply, JISW, the organization under which I operate under the pseudonym "Twilight." And she, she is my superior, known by the codename "Handler" or "Fullmetal Lady."

Regardless of the circumstances, the fact remains that she took the trouble to contact me, most likely to discuss the details of my current missions as a spy.

Handler: Agent Twilight, I'd like to take a moment to speak with you if you allow. Have you had the chance to visit your classroom and meet your students?

Indeed, my suspicions were justified... She's calling to inquire about the progress of the operation I've been assigned, having managed to infiltrate this institution as a teacher for class S... Yes, and I was lucky that the institution decided to create a new class just when I was assigned this mission; things would have been significantly more complicated otherwise.

Loid: Yes, there are particularly interesting and intelligent students; I sense we will have a fruitful year. After a short pause, he continued. However, I presume that wasn't the focus of your question, was it? If you're referring to the target "Tardigrade," then indeed, I have identified them. They stood out due to their more reserved demeanor compared to the other students.

Handler: Perfect, that means our intelligence was accurate. She paused, likely absorbed in her thoughts. They likely represent one of our rare chances to approach Atsuomi and put an end to this situation. It is imperative that you gain their trust, is that understood?

Loid: Indeed, that's the core of Operation Eagle. I have devised an action plan, but it's important to acknowledge that this may take time. Establishing a trustful relationship with the target will likely not be easy.

Indeed, I was personally entrusted with the responsibility of Operation Eagle, targeting Professor Atsuomi Ayanokoji's WR project. His actions are reprehensible and must be stopped immediately. Throughout our extensive investigations, we made a shocking discovery: this despicable individual has a son whom he has, it seems, involved in his project. This young man goes by the name of Ayanokoji Kiyotaka.