INTERMISSION 2: Loners

"It's not like I live for all of humanity to like me." - Sakuta Azusagawa

-----

POV : 3rd Person

In the external corridor to the class S room, a rhythm of measured steps echoed, spreading slowly without haste. Amid this calm, other sounds pierced through: the noises emanating from a video game. Dialogues of female characters, catchy melodies, and the clicking of console buttons totally captivated the young boy who advanced, his face displaying absolute neutrality, immersed in the virtual universe reflected on his glasses. What seemed to capture his concentration was a visual novel focused on romance and dating.

Continuing his path nonchalantly, he had left the class S room earlier, convinced that he found no interest there, preferring by far the solitude accompanied by his game. This young man, with brown hair and eyes, known as Keima Katsuragi, wore glasses and sported somewhat tousled hair. In his hand, he firmly held a gaming console, a "PFP," while immersing himself in his preferred world.

??? : Oh, so I'm not the only one who fled the class, huh? I bet you're not a fan of presenting yourself in front of everyone either, especially with that incessant commotion

Keima's attention was abruptly diverted by a voice that, far from being imbued with calm and serenity, revealed instead a marked nuance of boredom. This voice belonged to a newcomer whose steps merged with Keima's.

The newcomer was a young man named Sakuta Azusagawa, whose dull gaze and stoic demeanor suggested a tranquility punctuated with a hint of weariness. Hands buried in his pockets, he displayed an average and slender stature, complemented by brown hair and eyes, his expression reflecting a subtle yet perceptible disinterest.

 Hands buried in his pockets, he displayed an average and slender stature, complemented by brown hair and eyes, his expression reflecting a subtle yet perceptible disinterest

However, Keima did not bother to stop or even divert his gaze towards the new arrival walking alongside him. Instead, he simply adjusted his glasses with his right hand before placing it back on his console, remaining focused on his virtual world.