chapter nineteen

"okay, fine. just stay safe."

-

the whole situation made gina and kiara closer than ever. it had only been about a week since it, and they've hung out almost every day since.

gina and sarah haven't spoken, but heard from kiara that her and john b were official.

she also had to deal with it that night when topper ran into her arms crying.

things were slowly getting back to normal as rafe kept his 'job' away from gina, and as topper slowly healed.

gina wakes up in rafe's arms, they had cuddled all night. after... you know.

rafe had woken up before her but was just enjoying her company and the moment.

"goodmorning babe." rafe smiles down at her.
"goodmorning handsome." rafe goes in for a kiss but gina moves her face away.
"no, i have morning breath."
"i don't care."
"i do, that's nasty." she gets up and goes to his bathroom and brushes her teeth. rafe comes up behind her and wraps his arms around her waist. he was shirtless, his hair was messy, and his voice was deeper and raspy since he had only been up for a short period of time.

"you're perfect, you know that right?" he tells her.
"nobody's perfect. but thank you for thinking i am." she giggles and washes the toothpaste out and around her mouth.

rafe starts brushing his teeth, and gina changes into his hoodie and a pair of shorts she had brung over to his house.

gina liked when things were peaceful, and that's how the past few days were.

she opens his curtains, gets a nice view of all the other big houses around it, the beautiful sky, and a far away view of the beach.

rafe comes out of the bathroom and walks up to her.

"did you know ever since i met you i had a big crush on you?"
"as if the staring from afar didn't give it away."
"can i kiss you now?" he innocently smiles.
"hmm, i guesss." they both smile into the kiss, it wasn't a sexual kiss. it was more of a gentle, tender and pure kiss.

her presence was warm and comforting, and she felt the same way about him.

"you're perfect." she tells him.
"i thought nobody was perfect."
"when it comes to you, it's a lie."

however in the midst of the moment the door opens and in walks sarah.

rafe is also upset at sarah, for going out with a pogue. he knew her and topper weren't going to make it, but he thought she'd atleast be with a guy who was worth her time.

she realizes gina is there and her demeanor changes completely.

"what do you want?" he asks her.
"i just wanted to know if you saw my phone."
she keeps glancing at gina who was giving her a nasty look.

"i didn't, go."
"sorry.." she says looking at gina, then shuts the door behind her.

"i don't think i'll ever be able to be her friend again." gina looks up at rafe who was still looking at the door.
"she's my sister and i love her and all, i just don't know what's going through her head 'cause it's definitely scrambled."
"it's not even that john b's a bad kid, it's just how could she be so heartless about it when topper did everything for her and is devastated."
"how do you know if john b's a bad kid or not?"
"rafe, we live on a small island. everybody knows everybody."
"and if you really knew him, you'd know how problematic him and his friends are."

"kiara's my best friend and is in that friend group." gina crosses her arms.
"are you in that group? you seem to know a lot about it."
"rafe.. if you think jj and i have something going on, i wouldn't have asked you out."
"that doesn't answer my question."
"i am.. don't get mad please." rafe looks at gina's face then takes a deep breath.
"it's fine, as long as your happy. and as long as you and jj don't have anything going on."
a big smile enters gina's face.
"thank you." he puts his hands on her waist and pulls her closer.

"now where were we?" gina leans her head back in laughter.
"rafe!" he starts playfully kissing her neck.

-

gina goes downstairs to get a quick snack, she opens the fridge and looks through it.

"hey gina." she looks behind her and sees wheezie.
"hey wheezers, i haven't seen you in like a month. what happened?"
"yeah, i've been busy. sarah told me something was going on with you two." wheezie's bluntness takes gina by surprise.
"what'd she tell you?"
"that she screwed up and didn't know how to say she was sorry." gina furrows her eyebrows.
"did sarah make you say this?" she points to where the staircase is.
"no, this is all me." gina walks to the staircase and sees sarah running away.

"really wheezie?" she looks back at wheezie who shrugs.
"i tried." she says and gina goes upstairs to sarah's room. she knocks on the door and sarah answers it.

"oh, hey gina."
"don't act dumb." she walks inside and sarah shuts the door behind her.
"fine.. i'm sorry. i fucked up and i don't know what to say because i've apologized so many times since then."
"you're damn right you fucked up. topper is still so hurt, sarah he was in love with you and probably still is."
"i know, i just.. don't love him the way he loves me."
"i understand. but when you feel that way you break up with him, not cheat." sarah sighs.
"i just want my best friend back."

gina looks her up and down.

"me too." a smile grows on both their faces and they hug.
"just find a way to get on good terms with topper, please?" sarah nods.
"of course."