chapter three

gina had been coming to the cameron's house every to everyother day since then. they both had known eachother for about a month by now.

rafe had been slowly falling for her, and gina had been slowly falling for him. even though they both knew it, neither person could make the big move and ask one another out.

they had a flirtacious friendship. and everytime rafe flirted with gina in front of wheezie, she humbled him.

gina wakes up at once again at the cameron's house.
sarah was next to her and gina didn't want to wake her up.

she gets up, trying not to be too loud.
she slowly walks out the room and into the bathroom.

since she'd been staying over so often, she had her own toothbrush in the bathroom.
gina gets ready for the day and changes her outfit.

she heads downstairs and sees wheezie eating breakfast.

"hey wheezers." gina smiles.
"good morning." wheezie looks over at gina.

within the past month gina and wheezie also got close. wheezie was like the little sister gina never had, but always wanted.

"so whatcha doing?" she sits next to wheezie.
"texting my friend. apparently she's been saying stuff about me behind my back."

"who's been saying stuff behind your back?" rafe walks into the kitchen.
gina looks up at him then looks down and blushes to herself. rafe was shirtless, had messy hair, and his morning voice.

"lucy m." wheezie tells him.
"never liked her, she seemed stuck up." rafe grabs a box of cheerios and dumps it in a bowl before pouring milk in it.

"she's saying she never talking bad about me, but i don't know if i believe her."
"don't. been there before, and most of the time they're lying." gina states.

rafe sits next to gina and looks at her.
"want a bite?" he scoops up some cheerios and milk and puts it closer to her.
"gross." wheezie fake gags.
rafe smiles.
"how is it gross? i'm sharing. sharing is caring."
"please don't care in front of me." she wiggles her finger and walks away.

gina and rafe look at eachother and softly laugh.
"so, you got any plans with sarah today? or do i get you all for myself." he leans his head onto his hand.
"sarah's gonna take me and topper somewhere she's been hyping up."
"cmonn, you don't want to be a third wheel, do you?" he scoots gina's chair closer to his and wraps an arm around her waist.

"well, i really wanted to go. maybe i just have to see you tonight" gina smirks and rafe looks disappointed.
"not good enough." he starts to play with her hair.
"maybe if you man up and ask me out, you'd have me all the time." gina gets up and walks upstairs.

"i want to, but i want to get to know you better and make sure we're both ready." he shouts out.

when gina goes back into sarah's room, sarah is up on her phone.

"good morningg." sarah looks up and extends her arms.
"good morning girlyy." gina jumps into her arms and they both laugh.
"so, i was just texting topper.. and he was telling me how he missed me and how he's excited to see the spot i found."
"aww, that's adorable."
"i know right!" she squeals.

later on, both girls get ready to leave and head on out.
gina drives to topper's house and picks him up.
"hey ladies." he comes in the backseat.
"ohh, wait, top. my arms really hurt, do you wanna drive?" gina winks at sarah.
"oh, sure." the two switch seats and gina gets a notification on her phone.

it was a text from sarah:
"omg ty"

gina smiles and looks out the window.
"alright, so what's the destination to this spot you found." topper asks sarah.
"here, i'll send it to you."
topper looks at his phone then raises an eyebrow.
"this in pogue area."
"so?" sarah asks.
"i don't want to go in pogue area." topper tells her.

"top, stop being a rich douche for a second and check out what sarah has been so excited to show us. okay?"
"i'm not trying to be a rich douche, there's just people i don't get along with there." topper looks back to gina.
"we're going." she tells him.
"fine." topper starts the car and starts driving.

we get there and it's this tunnel.
"i don't think this is safe." topper says.
"it is, trust me." she grabs his hand and they walk inside. gina following behind.

it was dark, and had an old smell.
"just wait." sarah turns her phone flashlight on and shines it onto the walls.
there was graffiti art everywhere. it was as if it told stories.

"wow." gina says, stunned.
"yeah, it's beautiful.." topper smiles at sarah.
"i know, right!" she jumps and kisses topper.

gina puts the flash on her phone and continues to look at the art. she finds something that sparks a memory.

"JJ WAS HERE" it read.

she grazes the spray painted letters with her fingers. and tilts her head. it was his handwriting.

"gina! what are you doing?" sarah laughs as topper holds her by her waist.
"looking at the art, isn't that why we're here?"
"yeah you just walked so far away, i got worried."
gina nods and glances back at the letters written on the wall before she goes back to sarah and topper.