chapter two

it had been a four days since gina met rafe, and in those few days he was the only thing on her mind.

she felt reaching out the day after they met was gonna make her look desperate. she chickened out on texting him the second day after they met, and on the third day she thought it was too long ago and he probably thought she ghosted him.

rafe didn't get gina's number. otherwise he would have reached out himself. he only written his number on her phone since gina seemed to be in a rush. he thought a few things:

1) did he write the wrong number in her phone?
2) did she not like him like he thought she did?
3) maybe he opened up too soon and it freaked her out..
4) is he just overthinking it?

the answer was 4. not only just for rafe but also for gina.

"hun, are you ready?" gina's dad calls out to her.
"almost!" she scrambled to finish her last touch ups and ran downstairs.
"ready." her father pats her head and smiles.
"let's go kiddo, your mom is waiting for us in the car." gina nods and follows her father.

she buckles her seat belt and her father presses the gas pedal. the destination wasn't far. it was another one her parents rich people parties, the only reason we're going is cause the man hosting is her dads new business partner.

they step out of the car and she scans the property.
it was luxurious, and the people were too.

they step inside and are greeted by a man, his two daughters, and his wife.
"heyy james! nice to see you again." the man shakes her fathers hand.
"same here." her dad chuckles.

"hey, mom i'm gonna go walk around." gina whispers to her mom and she nods.
"go ahead."

she walks around til she finds the kitchen, she sees the nice array of food laid out. she looks at the drink options and sees red wine. her mom always drinks it when she has her friends over, so it interested her.

even though she was only 17, only herself and her family knew that. this party was full of strangers.
as long as her parents didnt catch her,
she'd be fine.

she scans the area and pours some of the wine into a glass. she swishes it around like she's seen her mom done and sips it. there was a subtle sweetness she liked.

she sips it again but something propels into her and the wine spills all over her chest area.

"oh my god!" she freaks.
"i'm so sorry!" gina looks over and it was the girl from earlier that had greeted her family.
the girl grabs a paper towel and attempts to clean the mess on gina's dress but it only spreads it.

"it's fine, i just have to find a way to hide it." gina knew it'd be impossible, so she was already creating an excuse in her head.

"sarah, what'd you do to our guest?" gina looks over and there he is. the guy she accidentally ghosted.
even though she was happy to see him, she was also terrified.

"oh it's fine." she nervously shoos him off.
"no it's not, let me get you something else to wear. you can't walk around like that." he steps closer and gina swallows what felt like a lump in her throat.
"okay.." she glances at the girl then looks back at rafe.

she follows rafe upstairs and into his room.
he starts looking through his dresser.
"so.. haven't heard from you in a few days."
he puts a pair of sweatpants down on his bed.
"yeah, i kinda chickened out on texting you." she anxiously laughs.

"why? you're confident." he tosses a shirt down.
"not when it comes to you." she accidentally blurts.
"oh really?" rafe smirks.
"no?" she even questions herself when she says it.
"well, one thing about me is i don't like being lied to." he hovers over gina and bites his lip.

ONE FOR THE MONEY - rafe cameronOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara