chapter seven

"is that how rafe always acts when he get's mad?"
sarah and gina were talking about the previous day at the business dinner.
"depends what he's mad about." sarah shrugs.

gina gets up from her vanity chair and plops on her bed, behind sarah.
"i shouldn't have said what i said, i started it."
sarah pauses her show and looks at gina.
"you didn't start shit, we were most likely going to have the same conversation at home. it just happened a little earlier."

"yeah, but the dinner could've went well and things wouldn't be awkward between your family and mine."
"with the amount of tension in that room the dinner was bound to going south."
"okay, but maybe it wouldn't have."
"like i said, you didn't start shit. i realized the second i mentioned that boy i wanted you to meet, rafe was listening all in. if you didn't say anything, he would've."
"i don't know."
"well i do." sarah pats a spot next to her and gina scooches next to her.

"what are you watching?" gina asks.
"gossip girl."
"isn't penn badgley so hot?" the girls look at eachother and laugh.
"he iss."

-

after about two hours of binging gossip girl, gina and sarah decide they're bored.

"what if we head to the park?" gina offers.
"no. three words: snotty little kids." sarah shakes her head and gina rolls her eyes.
"what if we get food?"
"what if we get food, go to the beach, and invite the guy i told you about and my other friends?" sarah smirks and gina giggles.
"fine."
"yay! i'll text them now!" she excitedly gets up and grabs her phone, she starts texting away.

"sent." we hear her phone buzz and she checks it.
"they said they'll start getting ready."
"okay, do they know i'm coming?"
"it's a surprise. and let me tell you, they'll like it."
"alright..."
"let's see your bathing suits." sarah starts checking in gina's drawer.
"not hot, not hot, in the maybe pile, ooh, sexyy." sarah pulls out a red bikini and tosses it to gina.

"do you have a bikini with you, or are you gonna wear one of mine?"
"is it okay, if i wear one of yours? i didn't really bring any cause i wasn't planning on staying the night."
"of course, i'll be right back." gina walks to the bathroom and changes. she had also brought shorts and shirt in with her so she put it over the bathing suit.

she brushes her hair, and puts on sunscreen.
gina walks back to her room, and sarah is already dressed.

"i have some sunscreen, if you want." gina points to her bathroom and sarah smiles.
"yess, thank you." she goes inside and puts sunscreen on herself.

eventually the two girls head out, their destination: the food truck next to the beach.

gina parks her car and they walk to the food truck.

"hey sarah! what would yous like?" the guy in the truck smiles at sarah and gina.
"hey jorge, we'd like two of my usual." gina gives sarah a look.
"what's your usual?" she whispers.
"you'll see." sarah smiles.

they get the food and gina takes a close look.
"tacos?" gina asks.
"only the best you'll ever eat. and they put amazing seasonings on so it tastes even more amazing."

gina and sarah start walking to the beach.
they had most of their stuff on their arms in bags, and they ate their food while finding the perfect spot.

"there's not much people here today." gina states.
"yeah, it's weird."

they find the perfect spot and place their items down. they take off their shirts and shorts to reveal their bikinis and make small conversation as they wait for the others to arrive.

-

it didn't take long long til they heard a group of people coming their way.

gina took a quick glance, but couldn't see them since they were still kinda far.

"here they are!" sarah's friends walk closer, gina and sarah get up to greet them. that's when gina sees him.

he didn't see her yet, but all of a sudden, gina had felt lightheaded and her heart started racing a million miles per hour.

he takes a quick look at gina then immediately takes a second look, stopping in his tracks, and making heavy eye contact with gina.

"okay, gin. these are my friends: kiara, john b, pope and jj. guys, this is my friend gina." gina snaps out of the eye contact and her thoughts and smiles at the others.

"hi." she shyly waves.
when gina and jj dated they both kept to themselves when it came to their friendships.
one was a kook and one was a pogue, so obviously they had to have different relationship rules than any other relationship.

they both also didn't want to make it seem they were invading eachother's privacy by asking questions.

"hey girl!" kiara gives gina a big hug, then hugs sarah.
"hi." pope smiles.
"hey." jj's eyes stares into gina's eyes. it had felt like a laser being burned into her delicate skin.

"hey." her eyes fluttered in attempt to hide her true emotion.