chapter five

that night it was a full moon, gina sat by her window and stared at it, pondering about what he was doing.

she had texted rafe, and was waiting for a response.

she didn't want to call or send another text, 'cause she didn't want to look like she was trying to hard.

she sent a simple: "hey, do you want to hang out tomorrow?" works everytime. but maybe not tonight.

topper was still staying at gina's house but had left that night for a reason gina didn't know.

she hears a notification noise and picks up her phone quickly.

"sure." it was the bare minimum, but it still made gina smile to herself.

she does her night routine and gets ready to take on the next day.

-

birds chirped and the sun shined through her curtains, it was a hot morning which meant it was the perfect day for a swim. with rafe.

she does her hair and picks out an outfit, she says bye to her parents and walks to her car.

she heads over to the cameron's house, only to be greeted by red solo cups and passed out people.

she walks inside, stepping over a few people and smelling the alcohol. she looks around and sees white powder on the table, and decides to go upstairs.

she steps into sarah's room but doesn't see her.
"sarah?" she calls out. no response.
gina then decides to go to rafe's room.
the door was locked.
she knocks on it til she hears someone approaching the door.

the door opens and an exhausted looking rafe makes eye contact with gina. he was shirtless, and gina tried to not look at his abs.

"what do you want?" he asks with somewhat of an attitude and rasp in his voice.
"what happened here?" she takes another look around, then looks back at rafe.
"a party. obviously." rafe leans his head on the door.

gina gets a quick glance inside rafe's room and sees what looks like, another person in his bed.

"where's sarah?" gina asks, trying not to put attention on the mystery person in his bed.
"i don't fucking know." he mumbles.
"okay.. well-"

"baby who is that?" the girl in his bed calls out.
"nobody." he calls back, looking gina directly in the eyes.
gina swallowed what felt like a lump in her throat and looks back at rafe.
rafe sees her facial expression and rolls his eyes, shutting the door behind him.

"who is that?" gina whispers. it was all she could get out.
"one night stand, why?"
"oh. nothing, uh, i gotta go." she starts to walk away.
"aren't we gonna hang out today?" gina stops in her tracks and turns around.
"no, it's fine." she fake laughs, but rafe could see how she really felt.

"i want to hang out with you." he says.
"it's fine! i actually think my dads gonna drag me into something work related today, so yeah. i just came to check up on you, maybe i'll see you tomorrow." gina rushes down the stairs and runs out, rafe saw this. but didn't bat much of an eye.

he walks back into his room, locking the door and laying next to the woman in his bed.
"is she your girlfriend?" the mystery woman asks.
"no, she's nobody." rafe leans in and kisses the girls forehead, then lays down to get some shut eye.

gina sits in her car, slams the door shut and yells on the top of her lungs.
she hits her steering wheel multiple times and accidentally honks the horn.

she blows the hair out of her face and takes a deep breath.
"why am i so fucking stupid?!" she shouts.

she drives her car out of the cameron's property and drives home.

when gina gets home all she wanted was to shove her face in her pillow and scream some more, but she walked in and saw sarah and topper baking together.

"your brother's a douche." gina states.
"tell me something i don't know." sarah laughs.
"why what'd rafe do?" topper asks.
"fucked some hoe last night." gina walks up the stairs.

she slams her door shut and does just as she wished. shoved her face in her pillow.
her door opens and once again she see's topper and sarah.

"are you okay?" topper sits next to gina.
"fine."
"don't lie, i know you liked rafe."
"thanks for stating the obvious."
"honey, i know it sucks, but i have a solution."
sarah says and it catches gina's attention.
"what's that?"

"make him regret it."

"how?"
"wear something sexy." sarah smirks and topper rolls his eyes.
"i don't want to hear my cousin and girlfriend talking about this, i'm going back downstairs."

"wait, you asked her out?!" gina gets up and her jaw drops.
"yeah, i thought i told you."
"no?!" she jumps up and hugs topper, then sarah.
"congrats!" she squeals.
"thanks, but yeah i'm going downstairs." topper smiles.
"okay, byee."

"now let's make rafe jelly." sarah gets back to the previous conversation.
"i don't really have good opinions for a jaw dropping outfit." gina shyly giggles.
"let's see first." sarah starts going through gina's closet seeing what options she has.

"try this on." gina takes it and changes, when she walks out sarah looks her up and down.
"no." a few options later and gina changes once more.
when she walks out, sarah's face says it all.
"we found it." they jump around and squeal.

they save the outfit for a special occasion and go back to their day.