chapter six

the claire and cameron family had a business dinner tonight.

gina had been ignoring rafe's calls and texts for the past few days because she couldn't get the sight of him and that other woman out of her head.

even though rafe and gina weren't together she felt she had a right to be upset. he had been flirting with her and it made her wonder if him flirting was just him being a player.

gina eventually collected her thoughts and decided to distract herself by getting ready early.

-

she steps out the shower and stares at herself.
she had a tendency of overthinking and wondered if she wasn't enough.

she managed to make herself feel it was her fault rafe slept with another woman without thinking about her.

gina gets changed and blow drys her hair.
she puts on some of her favorite music and does her makeup.

she hears a knock on her door.
"you decent?" she recognizes topper's voice.
"come in." topper walks in.
"can you help me tie my tie?"
"sure." she gets up and starts tying it.
"did you speak to rafe recently?"
"not since i last saw him." she pats the tie and topper nods.

"thanks, how do i look?" he does a little three-sixty.
"goofy." gina giggles.
"wow, do you think sarah will like what she sees?" he pretends to flex and gina scrunches her face.
"ew, please don't do that."
"whatever." he sasses and walks out.

-

the claire's and cameron's were meeting up at a fancy italian restaurant.
the cameron's were waiting there for gina's family. they get up and greet everyone, but gina's eyes wandered waiting to be met with rafe's, only for it to hit he wasn't there.

gina sits next to sarah and stared at the empty chair infront of her that would've been rafe's.

sarah and topper were having their own separate conversation and so were the adults, so gina was in her own world.

eventually the waitress comes up to the table asking what kind of drinks everyone would like, everyone answers, so she walks away.

"so, gina. have you found the college you want to go to yet?" mr. cameron asks.
"oh, not yet. every college that i've went to the tour for seems amazing."
"what colleges are you looking at?"
"well, i'm thinking maybe yale, princeton or brown."
"oooh, smart girl." he looks at gina's parents and they share a smile.
"i know right, i'm so proud of her." her mom states.

the drinks come and that's when she starts taking in the orders for dinner. they hear the restaurant door open and they all look over to it.

rafe comes in with his arm around a girl. gina gets a closer look. it not just a girl, it's the girl rafe had the one night stand with.

gina could just tell by mr. cameron's facial expression the girl wasn't invited, and the amount of chairs at the table also said that.

rafe pulls in a chair for the girl and sits across from gina.
"rafe, you're late." mr. cameron furrows his eyebrows and rafe smirks.
"sorry dad, i had to pick up my girlfriend." rafe makes eye contact with gina and she looks away.
"girlfriend?" sarah looks at the girl then rafe.
"son, we will talk about this later."

the table gets awkwardly quiet, but gina sees rafe and the girl whispering things to each other.
must've been flirtacious just by the way their body language spoke.

gina stared at the girl with disgust and sarah lightly elbowed her.
"gin, you're making it obvious." she whispers.
"making what obvious?"
"that you want to rip her head off her body."
gina crosses her arms and looks down at the empty plate in front of her.

"talk to me, so you can get your mind off of... that." sarah points with her eyes.
"okay.. well, anything new going on?" gina faces sarah so she doesn't see the two love birds in the corner of her eye.

"i made some new friends, so if you want to maybe meet them soon, i'd love you to."
sarah winks and gina widens her eyes.
"what was that?" gina asks.
"what was what?" sarah looks behind her then back at gina.
"that wink, please don't do that." the two laugh and gina starts to feel a pair of eyes on her, but she chose to ignore.

"i winked because there's a cute boy i want you to meet."
"really? what's his name."
"you'll figure it out, when you two meet."
"what?"
"you guys are gonna have a cool first introduction and boom, in love."
"is that really your plan?"
"yup, and he has the same sense of humor as you."

"maybe he'll be my perfect match, because the guy i'm talking to just got a girlfriend." gina says loud enough so rafe could hear.
"real funny." rafe mutters.
gina and sarah look at rafe.
"excuse me? i didn't catch that." gina says in a condescending tone.

"i said real funny. 'cause you know that's not how it went down." his voice gets louder and it attracts the attention of the parents.

"okay, rafe. you slept with another girl, then made her your girlfriend that you know for a fact you're gonna break up with in a week like every other legs open girl you've ever dated." an irritated sarah states.

"excuse me?" the girl stands up.
"you obviously heard me if you're saying that." sarah fake smiles.
"look, i've been treated with nothing but disrespect ever since i came to this stupid fucking dinner. rafe, i'll be in the car if you need me." the girl speed walks out the restaurant and
rafe follows behind.

"sarah, outside. now." he stops and sarah crosses her arms.
"no. go back to your rented girl." sarah stays in her seat and rafe turns red.
"sarah, get the fuck outside!"
"hey. language!" mr. cameron gets up and walk towards rafe.
"we're gonna have that talk now." he drags rafe by his arm out of the restaurant and everyone in the restaurant can practically hear the yelling from outdoors.

"i think it's safe to say it's time to go home. sarah, would you mind spending the night at our house?" sarah nods.
"yes, thank you." topper throws his arm around sarah.
"you alright." he whispers to her.
"fine."
"gin, how are you?"
"i'm okay. thanks."
"no problem." topper give a small smile and the adults stand up.

"thank you so much for coming, i'm so sorry this is how everything went down. we didn't plan for this to happen." mrs. cameron comes around the table and gives gina's parents small hugs before letting go.
"it's alright." gina's mom smiles.
"alright, let's get in the car, kids." gina, topper and sarah follow gina's parents out of the restaurant and go home.