Part:8 Where is Kezia?

[Elaiza's POV]
"Hello"  I heard his voice from the other side of the phone. "Y/N. Where the hell are you??? You will get late".

I immediately cut the call and looked at jungkook. Thankfully He didn't notice that.
"what happened? is there any signal problem?" Jungkook asked me. "Ahh no no. It's nothing" I said but my phone rang again. I picked up the call. "i am with someone right now. can we talk later?" I immediately said. But remained silent after noticing the seriousness in his voice.

[Jungkook's POV]

She was talking on the phone, talking? not really. I felt like she didn't want to talk infront of me. What i noticed was that, She didn't speak anything during the whole conversation she had with that person. It seemed like she was listening to him only. Finally after some minutes of listening, she said something and hanged up the call. "Oky i got it! bye". 'That's all she got to say?' i thought. I wanted to ask her whose call was that but i couldn't. Afterall I am no one to her, why would i ask her such personal questions?

[Time skip]

[AUTHOR'S POV]

Elaiza's bakery was not far from the address where she had the cakes delivered, but it was far from her home. And here, Jungkook made it further by turning to roads that led to the same place in more time. After all he was enjoying this night driving with her.

After sometime When jungkook was about to take a turn, Elaiza stopped him. "Jungkook would you please park the car near 'latenight cafe?'" she asked me. I looked around and found a parking plot on the opposite side of the mall. "Where are you going?" I asked her. "Just coming. I want to buy something for Aanya" She said while opening the car's door.

[Time skip]

[Jungkook's POV]

I was waiting for Eliza to come back. About 20 minutes passed and there was no sign of her. 'what's taking so long?' I thought. I looked around the street when suddenly I saw the investigation team of our department. They had just arrived here and looked like they were in a hurry. They weren't in their uniforms, but I recognized them. I saw Jin hyung giving some instructions to 2 members of his team. After listening to him they went inside the cafe. I was confused. 'Did something happen there?' I thought and came out of the car. I crossed the road and reached him.

"Sir! You here? What happened?" I asked Jin hyung. He turned to look at me. "Oh Jungkook! Actually we got a lead on the case" he replied to me happily. "Really! What's that?" I asked him curiously. "I was ordering coffee when I came across someone who had the same gun as that gangster. I think it was a member of his team. I couldn't recognize the gender of that person because his face was covered. He had a black gun behind his back and was wearing a black leather coat." He explained to me.

"Oh that's great. Don't stop him, sir. You should figure him out." I suggested this to him. "Yes and that's why I sent one of my agents to locate the tracker on him. After that, we can trace his location to catch the boss." He replied confidently.

[AUTHOR'S POV]

Jungkook returned to his car. Jin was now leaving with his team members. He completed his work smoothly. Jungkook was still waiting for Elaiza.

After a few minutes. She came back with 3 coffee and sat beside him. "Did I keep you waiting?" she asked him. "A little bit. What took you so long?" he asked her. "Nothing. The service at the café was very slow" she replied. He simply shrugged the thoughts and started the engine. She started talking to him again. She was asking random things about him and he was letting her know more.

[Time skip]

[Author's POV]

“Thank you so much, Jungkook,” Eliza said, peeking through the car window as she stood outside the door of her house. "I don't know how to thank you, so this is a small payback" she said and passed a box of cookies towards him. "It's okay. You can ask me anything, I'd love to do it for you" Jungkook replied shyly, while starting the engine of his car.