Chapter Sixteen

Adam's Pov

I hated  hospitals but here i am,  standing in front of the OT. Eva was in there, fighting for her life.

The doctors came out and I rushed to him,"Tell me she's alright. Please". He sighed,"She has fallen into a coma. It may take her a week to come out of it".
_____

I watched over her day and night. I watched her lie half dead on the hospital bed and it brought back memories of the past.

I just wanted her to wake up. I wanted to look into her eyes and get to hear her melodious voice. "Wake up Eva. You can do this. You can fight death".

Eva's POV

I wanted to open my eyes but I couldn't. I was scared of the dark. I wanted to come back but the darkness grip on me was strong.

I wanted to see the world again buy my eyes wouldn't open. I was slowly fading away. I couldn't let darkness win. I have to fight.

Adam's Pov

Eva became a little unstable and the nurse rushed in, and shortly after, two doctors also ran in.

"Please leave sir. Let's attend to her". I looked at Eva before walking out.
_____

It had been thirty minutes and no one has spoken a word to me. You have to fight, Eva. Please win against death. I need you.

I let my tears flow. I hadn't cried in ten years but here I was, crying over her. I didn't want to lose her, not now, not ever.

The doctor approached me,"The patient has regained her consciousness. You can see her now but she's still too weak to move".

I walked into her room and my heart ached when I saw her lying on the bed, weak. "Eva, are you okay?. You scared me for a second. I thought I'd lose you. Why did you run out like that?".

She turned to face me,"Did you expect me to stay when you were shoving your tongue down her  throat, huh?".

I sighed, so she actually saw Jean and I kiss. I looked away,"The kiss meant nothing to me".

"Yet you kissed her". Her voice was weak, it was almost as if she had given up on living. I couldn't look at her knowing I was response for her condition.

"I'm sorry", was all I said before I walked out.

Eva's POV

Tears flowed down my cheeks as I watched him walk away. I wanted to call him back but I was too weak for that.

Why did I have to fall so deeply in love with him?. I loved him so much it hurt. And it shouldn't hurt like this. Loving shouldn't hurt this bad.

The door creaked open and I crossed my fingers, hoping it was Adam but it wasn't. It was Hailey.

"Hey. I'm sorry that you're in this condition because of me. I almost died on the spot when I saw that truck hit you".

I closed my eyes and paid no heed to what she was saying.

"I know you don't want to see me and my presence is only hurting you more. I'm sorry for not being able to hold back when I saw you struggling for your life".

I didn't reply. I was too weak to reply. She's still a big part of me and I love her more than words could explain.

"And I know I've failed you as a friend and I'm really sorry. I can understand how and why you don't want to be around me. I really want to make amends for the past. Look, I know you'll find it hard to be close to me like before but we can give it a try. I don't want to lose you. Please".

I let my tears flow but didn't say a word.

"I guess you're not interested in talking to me and I don't blame you for it. I acted like a bitch just because I was mad at you. I'm sorry.  I don't know what came over me, but I won't force you to forgive me. I'll leave now".

I opened my eyes,"Come here. Give me a hug". She wiped her tears and hugged me,"I'm so sorry. I missed you". "I missed you too".

A/N: Short chapter, I know. I have exams coming up and I don't want to leave my adorable readers hanging.

Do y'all think Eva made the right choice by accepting Hailey back?.

Don't forget to...

Vote

Comment

Share

Fan