~20~

As planned beforehand, on the next day, when the sun was already high in the sky we went on a trip to Pardis Dhyai - a research site for Sumeru scholars. Normally to enter such a place a permission from a Grand Sage would be necessarily, but thanks to Amara's past as a scholar with remarkable status at that, we could easily spend some time there in a peace and quiet. From what I remembered this place was for me - as a player, the most beautiful place in the whole game. As I already expected the real view took a breath out of one's chest. It was much more beautiful than in the game. Comparing this place to the unchanging forever land of snow, seemed to live its own life as the flowers and leaves on trees moved gently in sync with the wind. The atmosphere here was cozy and peaceful, since besides nature, there weren't a lot of people roaming around. Not only that, also the architecture of the facilities here looked delicate and majestic thanks to the ornaments and their white color which fitted perfectly with the surrounding nature. After a short sightseeing - after all the complex wasn't too big - we sat down in one of the altars away from the very few, but still noisy researchers.

- My Lady, what do you think? isn't it beautiful here? It's just as I remembered it to be... And even the weather is better than ever - she spin around happily spreading her arms to the sides like a little child. A big smile placed on there face. She surely enjoyed it even more than her words suggested.

- right, you are from Sumeru - I smiled at her childish behavior, secretly I wanted to join her though. I missed those times when I acted carelessly like that. After all I was just nineteen when I died in the past... I was still just a child. - don't you want to visit your village later someday? Didn't you say you missed your hometown?

- can we do that? - here eyes whined with a surprise as she didn't expect to hear such a proposition from her Master - ale you sure about that? We will have to fetch a ride as it is too far for you to walk there. Wouldn't that be a problem for you my Lady?

- That sounds good. After all since we arrived in Sumeru my health has gotten better, the ride should be bearable for me now. Besides when Dottore will be back I am sure we won't have a time nor a chance to visit.

- if that's what you think... thank you Lady Alice - she hugged me tightly as I laughed. Seeing her happy made my heart lighten out a little even though I was not a fan of long rides. Amara deserved such a sacrifice.

- oh my? Such an amazing view, don't you think? miss Alice - Amara tensed hearing well known voice that came from the side she quickly stood straight remaining a business cold expression
- I greet you Lord Pantalone - she bowed politely even though her smile looked sour. She never liked that man, and after his unexpected visit she just couldn't stand him anymore. I smiled shortly at her bad acting skills - she was just a really bad liar.

- What a coincidence for us to meet in such a place, I hope that you don't mind that I didn't get an appointment beforehand - He continues not minding that he didn't receive a greeting from me and without asking he took a seat opposite me. Amara was visibly displeased by his action jest she stood still right behind my back to aid me if something went wrong. After all he might have been a 'friend' of Dottore but above that he was still a Harbinger.

- Mister Pantalone, it is my pleasure to meet you here. Still seems like your etiquette didn't improve much? - I smiled at him "what is he even doing in Sumeru?"
- oh my, my! Right I am supposed to ask if I can join you... Then do you mind?

- of course not, it is a public place after all - "actually I do mind" I thought

- What are you doing here all alone? Is Dottore not with you?

- oh, my Master is taking care of some business sorry, but I do not know much, after all I am a simple assistant of his.

- of course that is understandable. such a pity indeed. You see I just stopped here for a moment, I am currently on my way to Liyue. The Northern Bank needs me - he laughed - but how is your stay here? I hope that you didn't experience any rudeness from the locals. People here are not that experienced in etiquette as Fontainian's or Shneznayian's

- oh don't worry about it, not everyone is as uncultured as you are. Even though they do not know etiquette they are especially kind and considerate. - I smiled as if reassuring him about it

- ah... you still bear the grudge against me - he laughed it off

- well you are not doing anything to change my opinion on you, so let it stay like that and rotten within my mind or do something to get ride of the label I placed on you. The choice is your Mister Pantalone

- is that how you see it? I do apologize, yet again it wasn't my intention to anger you. As you said yourself I am a rather uncultured man

- I understand - *ekhem ehem* he cleared his throat before he spoke

- miss Alice your Dottore's assistant and so I believe you do have the necessary knowledge... - "huh? This mutt is questioning my knowledge? " - I've received a document regarding the recipe for a new medicine, care to look at it? I wish to hear your opinion on it as I myself am no expert - he then handed me a few papers. It wasn't much so I read them carefully as he studied my expression

- *sing* Mister Pantalone - I put the documents down as I finished reading and analyzing them - are you making fun of me right now? - he definitely did for me to say such words.
The papers he handed me were written in the Fatui code that Dottore taught me some time ago. It wasn't a recipe for a medicine but rather information about where the human traffic is taking a place. With this he stepped the boundary that shouldn't be touched by the likes of him

- oh my! Did I underestimated you? I really thought you wouldn't be able to see through it. I am positively surprised I must say. Don't worry about the information I've made them up just for you, that is if we ever meet like that - he laughed but I wasn't laughing at all. I stared in his eyes with seriousness and coldness

- Mister Pantalone you have no shame, do you? I am Master Dottore's assistant and I assure you that I am professional in what I do, but here you are testing my skills. Right now It looks like you're looking down on the Doctor himself. Do you not believe in his judgement? Do you dare to do this? - he immediately tensed as he didn't expect such a turn of a event. The girl in front of him was not only bright but also confident and showed him no respect at all. Was it because she was Dottore's assistant? Or was she just stupidly brave? From the very start of the conversation she sat straight with an unchanging expression and eyeing him with a burning gaze waiting for him to make a mistake. And he, the Regrator, 9th Fatui Harbinger made a mistake which she immediately sensed and turned on her side. Dangerous, it was the main epithet that could perfectly describe her. "Dottore found himself a truth diamond in the rough" Even though he did not want to admit it, he could not make an enemy of Dottore as of now.

- forgive me yet again. It wasn't my intention to sound like it. I don't doubt your not my friends'competitions Lady Alice

- hm... It's already been an hour, I think that it was enough for your short stop, wasn't it?

- I believe so - he gulped. He knew she changed the topic to show him mercy by letting him leave. She looked down on him as if he was no one important.
With all that, it was his utter loss - then I will take my leave - he bowed elegantly and left defeated
- my Lady...
- what is it Amara? - I turned to look at her and smiled a bit, after all there was no point to throw my anger that Pantalone caused on her

- you were so cool! - she squealed happily, and I laughed as the tension quickly washed away.