~4~

I have to admit that in my misfortune I was a bit lucky. The time few by quicker then expected, but I couldn't enjoy being a kid much as unfortunately I inherited my mothers weakly body. I wasn't able to even leave the house as I was sick often. My father - Dearen constantly took care of me at thous times and in at night after exhausting day he would go to work to earn money for us. I felt pity toward him as he had to do every single thing alone. Other than him I didn't have any family so it was rather boring at home, so I've read a ton of books. Dearen was once an Academy scholar so he had a enormous book collection with the science knowledge I've never heard before.

- Why are you not sleeping yet? - 'Father' entered my room as it was already past my bed time

- I just wanted to finish the book

- hmm... - he came closer and looked at the books title - "The Curse Nature"? Really? You shouldn't be reading such a thing It's too much for a kid

- I am already six! - "Twenty five actually" but I still tried to bargain as a child

- Come on go to bed - He snatched the book from me and turned the lights off once he was about to exit the room - Good Night Alice

- Good Night

Dearen was a nice guy, but I couldn't bring myself to call him father. The father I had was imperfect, stubborn and a bit to much childish, and he was there, in my heart watching over me. But even knowing that, as Dearen cared for me my barrier was trembling heavily. After a few more years I could finally consider him my father... I was ten back then, but my happiness from gaining a truth family didn't last long - that is thanks to my own stupidity. In my past and up to this day I couldn't surpass my internal urge to be always honest. The suffocating truth about my origin was killing me inside and since Dearen was so nice and loving toward me I felt even more guilty. After all I wasn't his real daughter... And so on my tenth birthday I decided to tell him the truth that he deserved to know.

- What did you just say? - He couldn't believe me at first thinking of it as of unfunny joke

- It is as I said... I know my past life - I lowered my head and looked at the floor as seeing his hurt expression was too much for me to take

- Your lying - he suddenly rushed toward me and grabbed my neck tightly as I whimpered in pain - you've been deceiving me this whole time?! - He laughed suddenly as a maniac and a cold shiver ran down my spine. Only then I realized just how wrong my choice was...

He changed after that. And soon I got to know his truth self that he didn't show until then. Somehow he and 'that guy' were almost identical at some points. Dearen did not leave the Academy in fact, but rather he was expelled, as his experiments were a bit... brutal i would say. Apparently he was a rival of 'that guy' and wanted to beyond him in every aspect. I found this out from his journal that he hid in his secret laboratory upstairs. Another thing was that my mother wasn't actually a sick person from birth but rather, she was like that since she meet Dearen. She didn't know the reason of him being expelled, she was madly in love after all. He was obsessed in her to the point that he didn't want her to leave him, so he made her unable to do it... Because of that I was born with his sin.

But I was honest when I said I was lucky. Dearen really did love me, his daughter. He tried his best for me, even given up on the sick hobby of his. The thing is that I was not his daughter anymore, but an abomination that had to be thoroughly examined. When he learned the truth his passion ignited once again as he had a new interesting test subject.