sixteen

Two months had elapsed since Yates had abducted Erin, and now everything had returned to normal. They were still searching for Yates and Mark, but no leads had been discovered yet. Erin had fully recovered and was gradually returning to her usual self.

It had been two months since Erin and Antonio had started seeing each other. Surprisingly, Voight approved of their relationship, possibly because he trusted Antonio more than anyone else to be with his foster daughter.

Erin was now preparing for their date, dressed in a red dress above her knees, with her hair styled in waves and putting on her heels. With a smile, the brunette left her apartment upon hearing a knock on her door and quickly welcomed Antonio inside, greeting him with, "Hey there handsome."

Antonio entered the apartment wearing a smile and addressed her, 'Hello, lovely, are you prepared to leave?' he inquired as he kissed her forehead and she embraced him. 'I have been ready,' the brunette replied as she kissed him on the lips.

Then, Antonio suggested they leave by mentioning they had seats reserved at the theater. 'Very well,' she responded amid kisses, and followed him out of the apartment.

Erin ensured the door was locked behind them and playfully remarked, 'But when we return, you are mine,' causing Antonio to chuckle as he assisted her into the car. 'Then let us go and watch the movie,' he said, closing the door once Erin was inside.

As they both buckled up, Antonio started driving and Erin, intrigued, asked, 'What are we watching?' in anticipation of their movie choice.

Antonio hand over the tickets to Erin while driving, saying, 'I know you'll enjoy it.' The brunette smiled as she accepted the tickets and glanced at the name. 'Final destination six,' she read with a smile.

'You know, I haven't even seen the first one,' she said with a chuckle. 'You haven't?' Antonio asked, looking at her as he drove. Erin laughed at his reaction, 'I've seen them, I'm just pulling your leg.' She teased and received a pinch on her thigh.

'That's not nice,' Antonio said, gently punching Erin's thigh. 'Well, Mister, pinching your girlfriend isn't nice either,' Erin retorted, trying to stifle a groan as he rubbed her thigh where he pinched. 'Sorry, babe, but you kinda deserved it,' Antonio teased.

Erin playfully rolled her hazel eyes at Antonio as he skillfully parked in an empty spot upon arrival at the theaters. "Are you ready?" he asked with a smile, assisting her out of the car as they both entered the building.

Despite a light drizzle of rain, neither of them seemed bothered. "Yep," Erin replied, walking alongside Antonio as they obtained snacks and drinks before settling at the back of the nearly empty room.

Noticing the choice of seating, she quirked a smile and asked, "Why did you choose seats in the back?" Antonio, with a grin, leaned in close and whispered, "Because we can," eliciting laughter from Erin, who playfully smacked his arm.

"Very funny," she remarked. The pair bantered until the movie began, at which point Erin rested her head on Antonio's shoulder, smiling contently as they watched the screen.

Erin reflected on recent months and the events that transpired, but she dismissed those thoughts knowing she was safe in Antonio's embrace.

She was confident that if Yates intended to abduct her again, he would have done so already. Unbeknownst to the couple, a shadowy figure observed them with a satisfied grin.

'Soon, Detective Lindsay, you will be mine again, replacing Dawson,' he mused as he observed their occasional displays of affection. This figure had been surveilling Erin since she was discharged from the hospital a week ago, plotting to separate her from Antonio.

As the movie neared its end and they prepared to leave, Erin yawned and nestled closer to Antonio. He inquired about the film, and she responded with a smile, 'It's good,' planting a kiss on his chin before returning her gaze to the TV.

Once the movie ended, the two exited the theater laughing and playfully pushing each other. 'Your bad,' Erin teased, blushing as she recalled making out with Antonio instead of watching the movie. 'How am I bad?' Antonio inquired, raising an eyebrow, as they approached the car and he assisted her inside, unaware they were being followed.

Erin settled in the passenger seat, rolling her eyes at him. 'You distracted me, so we missed most of the movie,' she said with a pout.

Antonio chuckled as he took the driver's seat. 'I didn't hear you complaining earlier. I believe you were moaning my name,' he pointed out with a smirk as he drove them back to Erin's apartment to prepare for bed. Erin couldn't argue and rolled her eyes.

'I suppose you're right,' she admitted, yawning. 'Very well, you are off the hook this time, but be prepared for payback next time,' she warned.

Antonio chuckled and smiled at her, "I am eager to see it, my dear," he said, gently patting her exposed leg as he parked the car in front of the apartment. He then assisted Erin as she stepped out of the car, and together they made their way into the apartment.

Erin playfully stuck her tongue out at him before heading to the bedroom to change out of her dress. "I'll prepare some TV dinners," Antonio mentioned as he made his way to the kitchen.

"Very well," she replied, sporting a grin. The brunette reached her room, retrieved a silky nightgown, and laid it out on the bed. She then removed her dress, placed it in the laundry basket, and slipped into the nightgown.

Exiting the room, Erin failed to notice flashes outside and proceeded to the kitchen with a smile, observing Antonio setting the table.

* outside Erin's Apartment*

Meanwhile, Yates sat on a rooftop across from Erin's bedroom window, clandestinely capturing photos of her as she changed. With a smirk on his face, he had Mark tailing them and informed him of their movements. Yates overheard Mark discussing the activities of the two detectives.

Yates arose from the rooftop after capturing the final picture of Erin. 'You have been misbehaving, Detective. I believe it is time to pay you a visit,' he responded before descending the ladder and cloaking himself in the shadows.

Glancing around the vicinity before heading towards his vehicle, he narrowly avoided colliding with a passing figure. 'Ah, my apologies for that,' he uttered, giving the man a reassuring pat on the shoulder. Without delay, he entered his car and drove off before the man could interject.

Kelly, having just dropped off a friend at their residence, was making his way to his car when he noticed a suspicious individual loitering near Erin's apartment.

Concerned due to recent events, he felt a surge of protectiveness towards his former partner and decided to investigate. He informed Antonio of his intentions to assist in ensuring Erin's safety.