Chapter 51

"Jeff, what did you see? I'm involved in your vision so I deserve to know..." Charlie repeated, but his brother was so terrified that he couldn't answer. When he calmed down he finally found an answer as Charlie repeated the same question once again. Jeff patted his brother's hand and smiled softly, trying his best to stay calm, so that his excuse could seem plausible.

"It must be because I'm worried about you... instead of showing your future, I saw your past. Nothing to worry about. I think I'll go to the kitchen to see what there will be for dinner, see you later" Jeff responded and caressed Charlie's cheek before leaving the room.

He had to found Babe as soon as possible and tell him the truth. Jeff hated to admit it, but Babe was actually the only one who could really help him change the fate he saw in that vision, since telling that to Charlie would have only made it even worse. He rushed downstairs to the living room, Sonic looked at him confused, since he seemed in such a hurry.

"Have you seen Babe?" Jeff asked.

"Yes, he was here just a moment ago, Pete asked him to take something from the basement and take it to the office on the second floor" Sonic replied. So Jeff went back upstairs and found Babe in the stairwell as he wanted to go to the bathroom to wash his hands, since the boxes of documents he had to move were quite dusty.

"Babe, we have to talk" Jeff said resolutely. Babe sighed and turned away, he reached the bathroom near the guest rooms and tried to close the door, but Jeff was faster than him, he pushed the racer into the bathroom and locked the door behind himself.

"Listen, Jeff, I know that I messed up and I'm willing to fix it by staying away from Charlie, but if you want to keep tormenting me then..."

"That's not the case"

"What do you mean?" Babe was confused.

"I saw his future... I need your help and you will do exactly as I say if you care about Charlie, is it clear?" Jeff responded.

"You better explain yourself..."

"I had a vision of Charlie's future... you two will argue about your powers, you will say that you felt terribly after losing your powers, completely useless to anyone and things like that..."

"That can't be true, I won't deny that I feel really useless after losing the only thing that made me special, but I would never accuse Charlie, especially now" Babe interrupted him with quite a loud tone, although he knew that if Jeff saw that, it was possible.

"That isn't the worst part..."

"What do you mean? Wait... no... no that's can't be possible" Babe exclaimed as he could feel his heart skip a beat at the thought of Charlie harming himself only to give him his powers.

"Yes... I beg of you, Babe, I'll do anything... but you have to make sure that nothing like that could happen to Charlie... please..." Jeff said crying.

"So... Babe really feels bad because he doesn't have his power anymore..." Charlie said to himself as he heard Babe for a moment.