Chapter 9

Kenta took a deep breath and knocked on the door of Tony's office. As he got no response, he turned to leave, but at the end of the corridor there stood Tony, followed by two other henchmen. Kenta gulped, knowing for sure that his boss was already aware of the failure of his last mission. Tony approached him, he smiled and patted his shoulder, then he opened the door and went to the window at the other end of the room.

"Only Kenta, you two can leave" Tony said without even turning, he could see the reflection on the glass of the two henchmen immediately retreating after hearing his order. Kenta stood there, near the closed door. With a hand gesture, Tony signaled him to come closer, Kenta reluctantly did that.

"I don't see Way here, you failed again... unless you want to tell me that everything just went according to plan" Tony started. As Kenta tried to intervene, his boss raised his finger and covered the man's mouth, forcing him to stay silent and listen to him.

"I'm sure that I was very clear when I demonstrated the importance of this mission, am I right, Kenta? Then why do you continue to disappoint me? Do you really want to join Kim so bad?" Tony asked and finally turned to face him.

"Do you think I didn't know about what you did with Kim? My orders were clear, no food... I suppose you thought that a loaf of bread doesn't count as food! Maybe you're too stupid to understand that when I give an order, I expect my men to obey!"

"Sir, I just thought..." Kenta tried to speak for himself, but the only thing he got was a slap so hard on his face, that his cheek started bleeding.

"You thought! So you want me to believe that that brain of yours even works!? I'll ask you one last thing before letting you rest in one of our comfortable rooms in the basement... where is Way? Because I expect that you at least know his location since you weren't able to take him here!"

"He was on a bridge near..."

"A bridge?"

"He wanted to ... kill himself..."

"And you left him there?!" Tony shouted. Kenta just looked at the floor and didn't reply.

"So you're telling me that you left a man with suicidal thoughts alone on a bridge!? He may even be dead at this point... all my efforts wasted because of your incompetence! Take him to the basement, since he likes Kim so much, I guess they can share that cell" Tony added the last part as he opened the door and addressed the two henchmen that were waiting for him.

Kenta didn't even turn to see the two men who grabbed his arms, he looked at the floor the entire time as they took him downstairs. One of them left him to open the door of Kim's room. As he heard the sound of the key turning inside the keyhole, Kenta hit the henchman that was still holding him on the nose.

The second one turned only to be kicked in the stomach and thrown against the wall. While keeping a hand on his bloody nose, the first one tried to reach for his gun, Kenta jumped onto him and made him fall onto the floor, he grabbed the gun and hit him on the head and knocked him out.

Kenta heard the sound of someone loading a bullet inside the barrel of a gun just close to his head.

"Stand up..." the henchman said, Kenta slowly turned to him, ready to get into the cell, but then the man left the gun fell onto the floor as he felt something tightening around his neck until he passed out. After that, Kim smirked at Kenta and remarked "Tony should invest some more in security"