Chapter 5

Y/N POV

           Everything is dark and warm. It was oddly comforting but something I would rather not experience again. It felt like days had passed in whatever form I was in. Minutes? Hours? I don't even know, I don't have a sense of time in whatever I'm in. Will White, Blue, and Yellow find me? Will they get mad at me and lock me in one of the dark, cold chambers again? Do I even want to be found?

Then, I felt myself falling and landing on something soft and warm. I'm no longer stuck in whatever kept me from forming again. Did they decide to let me free? Or will they shatter me? I'm scared, I never had something like this happen to me before. I want my topazes and jaspers with me. I want to feel protected by my guards... I want Blue, Yellow, and White again. I don't want to be here anymore! I'm scared!

Steven POV

              " Careful! If the diamonds spot even a scratch on her gems, all of us are good as gone! " Pearl said anxiously as I jumped up and grabbed the bubble where Y/N was, which was pretty high. It was cool seeing two gems in one bubble. They weren't connected.            " Wait, I thought gems can't have more than one gem? If they have more than one, doesn't that mean they're a fusion? " I asked, bringing it down. About halfway to the ground, the bubble suddenly popped.

            " Oops- "

" STEVEN! " Amythest, Pearl, and Garnet yelled as they watched in horror as the two gems, along with me fell. Garnet and Pearl quickly jumped up, Garnet catching me and Pearl using the fancy-looking silk pillow she brought to catch the two gems. She gently began descending and gracefully landed on the tip of her toes, letting out a sigh of relief before turning to me.           

            " Steven! You have to be careful! Heaven knows what would happen if Y/N gems crack or even worse- Shatter! " Pearl said in a more panicked voice even mentioning the word 'shatter' in the same sentence as Y/N. Garnet gently put me down on the ground, allowing me to freely move again. 

" Well... Then I can heal her with my magical healing spit! " I said, determinedly. As I began to lick my hand, Garnet placed a hand on my head, stopping me before I got to lick my hand.                   " I don't think that's needed right now, Steven. "

                I nodded, putting my hand away. All of us walked to the living room, Pearl being extremely anxious, using one of her feet to push Amethyst away when she got too close to the pillow, much to Amethyst's protest.

         " Come onnn Pearl, lemme see! " Amethyst whined, once again trying to get a closer look. Pearl looked more anxious, turning around to look at Garnet.              " Garnet, a little help, please?! " Pearl begged. Garnet grabbed Amethyst by the head, pulling her away from Pearl.   "Calm down Amethyst, I know you're excited to see Y/N, but we have to be careful. She is very important and we can't risk doing any more damage to her. "

Amethyst sighed, plopping down on the couch.       " Fineeeee... But when is she going to reform again? It's already been 5 minutes, and I figured she'd be more eager to reform again. " Amethyst said. I immediately began to worry, will it take forever like Pearl when she poofed? 

            " Oh no! Is it going to take forever for her to come back like Pearl?! " I said, pouting. Pearl gently put the pillow on the center table, her eyes widening.         " Oh stars- I didn't even think about that! Oh, stars- what will happen if the diamonds come here and see that Y/N is in her gem form!? Oh god- Oh god- " Pearl began to hyperventilate, thinking out loud of multiple scenarios of what might happen. Garnet placed her hand on Pearl's shoulder, making Pearl go quiet.

      " Pearl, calm down. She'll reform anytime soon. The best we can do is wait and make sure nothing bad happens to her gems. Once she reforms, Steven will comfort her and we'll come into the picture, hopefully, able to explain before Y/N escapes in a panic. " Garnet said. She then turned to me.                " Can you do that, Steven? You're very important in this plan. "

           Important? Stars lit into my eyes with a smile, nodding vigorously.        " Ai I captain! "

I saluted her, then sat on the couch, looking intensely at the two gems on the fancy silk pillow. Garnet, Pearl, and Amethyst trust me to protect Y/N, and I won't let them down! Now we play the waiting game...

...

..

.

         I'm bored. It's so quiet and dull inside the house. Maybe Y/N gems need to breathe some fresh air! I quickly got up and went outside, looking for something to place her in. Then, I spotted something red in the corner of my eyes.

" Tada! Perfect! "  I smiled, placing the silk pillow down and taking a step back to admire my work. The red wagon I found was a perfect size for the pillow! It was really dirty and a bit broken, but after some wash a few screwdrivers, and borrowing paint from my dad, it was perfect! I added some swirls and tried to paint some gems on the side, but it looked like blobs. Pretty blobs!

           " Perfect! Yours truly! " I said to no one as I grabbed the handle of the wagon and began pulling it. It was a bit hard to pull it through the sand, but got easier once we got on the pavement.       " I can't wait once you come back Y/N so I can show you what Beach City has to offer! We can go to the arcade, oh! We can get fries too! But for now, I'll show you around! " I smiled. I pretended that Y/N was responding to me.    

" Oh Steven, you are the best of the best humans in all of Earth! My chariot is beautiful and well-crafted by your awesome hands! " Y/N said, sitting on the wagon in a regal way, her hair dancing in the wind.        " You are my favorite crystal gem, and I'm honored to have you save me from the ship! "

" Of course, Lady Y/N! Only for the best! Come on, let's see Lars and Sadie at the Dounut Shop! " I said, marching down to the donut shop while pulling the wagon behind me. I entered the shop, and saw Lars and Sadie behind the counter, talking.

          " Hi Lars, hi Sadie! " I waved, being careful that the door had not hit the wagon. I pulled the wagon to the counter. 

" Hi, Steven! Whatcha got there? " Sadie asked, looking behind me at the Wagon. I smiled proudly and set the wagon so it was facing sideways so they could have a better look at what was inside.  

            " Da dada! It's Lady Y/N! She's a gem that got poofed, and I was put in charge of protecting her! " I said proudly, puffing out my chest. Lars groaned.        " Oh great, more of gem weirdos... "

Sadie elbowed him, making Lars wince and let out a pained wheeze.            " Which one is Y/N? Is the one on the left or the right? " Sadie said, pointing at the gems. I shook my head, slightly smacking her hand away.

             " They're both Y/N! She has two gems. She's also suuuper important, so I can't let anything happen to her or the diamonds will come and get us! " I said, puffing out my chest more. Lars raised an eyebrow, not completely believing in my story while Sadie nodded, smiling.

" Wow, you have an important role huh? " Sadie asked, as she began to bag up my usual two donuts. I nodded, putting my fingers under my chin.           " Keh... Nothing like Steven Universe can't handle! No one can't take Y/N under my watch! " I said, striking a pose. Sadie laughed while Lars began to snort.

            " Hey S-Steeeeevennn, Y/N's gone. " Lars snorted out. I felt my blood turn cold as I quickly turned around to see that the entire pillow was gone along with Y/N gems. Standing beside the door was Onion holding the pillow above his head. Before any of us could say anything, Onion quickly opened the door and began running.

" ONION NO! "

Poor Steven :( Anyway, here's more food! Wow- Two chapters in 24 hours?! Wow, I'm on a role! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I tried to make the characters the same as the show, so I'm writing what they might do in this story. This fanfic is not affiliated with the animated show series, Steven Universe. I hope you have a good day/afternoon/night!

Words 1490