Sneak peek of Chapter 4

POV Y/N

          Darkness. That's all I saw and felt around me. When I was fused with the lapis and my jasper, it felt like being dumped in boiling water but at the same time, cold water. Then, suddenly, I felt one of us struggling to unfuse and simultaneously trying to keep together. I heard disoriented voices yell at me to unfuse or stay fused. Being unfused started to hurt, so I panicked and began helping whoever wanted to stay fused. I never used my full strength before to stay together and complete. It felt like hours of trying to keep all three of us combined. But during those moments, I never felt so alive! Feeling the adrenaline, using my strength the best I could instead of just sitting there, idle and useless like a pearl without a gem. 

                    But as quick as that feeling came, I felt an immense pain through my gems as everything became bright and I felt myself soaring through the air, and everything went black. I don't know how long I've been out, but it felt like years. After a moment of silence, I felt myself waking. I opened my eyes, wincing at the bright light. After adjusting the brightness, I saw an amythest, pearl, and a garnet, talking to one another across from me. I was in awe, at seeing the ruby and sapphire fusion again. 

             " -I could be the crocodile! " The amethyst said to the Pearl. Soon, there was a disagreement between the gems and I just sat there and watched, interested. Then, a beautiful melody played into the air, making the human boy named Steven, shiver.  " Steven, why is your communication device playing that song? " The pearl said. Communication device? Is that a human thing? I kept spacing out as many things went in my mind and out. Then, I saw Steven sneaking away from the colored human, called a Connie. Deciding I didn't want to be in this house any longer, I also sneaked off with him. 

           I started running alongside Steven, worried about his welding as he looked panicked.   " So, why are we running? " I said, startling Steven as he jumped at my sudden voice. He looked at me and then pulled me behind one of the green ship's parts.  " I'm avoiding Connie. We can't be friends anymore..." Steven said, sitting down, tearing up. I sat beside him patting his fuzzy head. " Why do you feel that way? " I asked. I may not understand human relationships but I do understand feelings!

" Well- I- " Then, the same melody began playing over us, startling Steven and I. Steven quickly and panicked taking out his phone and pressing the red button on the strange triangle device.  

Authors note

Sorry that I could only do a bit of the story. I wrote a whole chapter just to accidentally unplug my PC, losing all the saved progress of the story. It was about 8000 words or something, I forgot. Only this part was saved before I lost the rest of it.  It made me upset because I was so close to finishing the chapter just to lose it all. So I took a break from writing it for a moment. This happened last night and I feel bad for not posting anything sooner, so I'll post this part for now and begin working on it probably later today. Shout out to reader1234ab for encouraging me and making me motivated!