Chapter 4 : Questions

◇[3rd Person View]◇

Natsu sprinted back home, panting and panting as he slammed open the door, heading to his room and quietly covering himself with a blanket.

He reflected on the past few days.

So, he feels comfortable to sleep when he was on the train with Gray petting his head. That's normal, right?

He could properly sleep on Gray's lap. That's okay, right?

He was so worried when Gray fell unconscious and was twisting and turning in his sleep. He's just caring for Gray, right?

He blushed, hard, when Lucy mentioned the fact the he might be in love with Gray. That's...

That's...

"That means that I actually do..."

"Do what?"

Natsu tensed as he quickly sat up, staring at the direction of the voice. Gray leaned against the frame of his door as he tilted his head to the side, further proclaiming his confusion.

"N-nothing, and could you tell me why you're at my door?" Natsu asked, hiding his blush with a smug look. Gary sighed as he facepalmed.

"You do realise that when I asked you what happened at the guild, you didn't respond with a 'don't listen into our conversation, ice princess' or something to get me to argue? Something's wrong for sure."

Natsu gulped as Gray took a seat beside him.

"Hey, come on, I know we're rivals and all, but it's weird that you are not in the mood to fight." Gray smiled as he pat Natsu's back, earning that laugh that makes Gray smile.

"I...I... can't tell you now, but I'll be better." Natsu responded as he revealed his signature grin, causing Gray to smile back.

"Tell me when you can, okay?" He spoke, as he got up to leave. "I hope to see you all better later."

Gray walked towards Natsu's door and left the house, heading back to his own house.

As soon as Gray exited his house, Natsu began to blush as he remembered what happened.

"Hehe, I guess we're not always rivals," Natsu sighed, a bright smile on his face.

He stood up and dusted himself, just to feel a little better and headed for the guild hall.