25 - A collective man thing

A/N
Don't hate me for starting the chapter with one of these, I promise there's a chapter below this!
I wanted to hear from you guys. I have a few questions and would really like to hear your feedback! Feel free to skip ahead though of course.

1) Do you enjoy the flashbacks to when Amihan and Meliodas were in the Ten Commandments?

2) What chapter/moment in the story so far has been you favourite?

3) Any criticism? Obviously don't bash the shit out of me but any notes or things you didn't particularly enjoy?

4) Predictions? Obviously we all know how the anime goes but do you have any predictions about Amihan? About if her and Mel get together in the end? About the curse? I'd love to read through!

That was all! Thank you to anyone who comments, I love reading through them all! I hope you enjoy 🥰

Elizabeth's face fell seeing that both Meliodas and I had completed our tasks and had restored our powers. She was thankful, glad even. That part wasn't questioned at all. She was upset because she had completely and utterly failed her own task. Her head hung in shame.

"Well, thanks for everything Jenna." Meliodas dug his hands in his pockets and rocked on his feet. I swear, this man couldn't stand still for longer then 20 seconds.

"Of course, anytime! Bring Ban with you next time." The mention of my 'brother' made my heart clench. Although he technically wasn't actually my brother, he always would be. No matter what, I'll always be his little sister. You just had to ignore the fact I was a 3000 year old demon cursed to repeat life continuously.

"Meliodas—I." Zaneri went to speak, but I watched as she recoiled back into herself. He wasn't paying her any mind, but asked her a simple 'what?'. I watched his eyes fall on a saddened Elizabeth and a frown settled on his face. Gliding past him and to Zaneri's side, I watched as she fumbled to get some words out.

"Uh— nevermind." She deflated and stared at her shoes. I almost felt bad for her. Afterall, we both were victims of our own hearts for the same man. It wasn't Mel's fault, he was just completely oblivious. Blissfully unaware. Lucky bastard.

"Don't worry, I know exactly how you feel." Her eyes snapped up, just to fall on Meliodas comforting Elizabeth again. She deflated for a second time. I patted her back gently, trying to come off as nice rather then patronising or as if I was mocking her. I didn't particularly get along with the sisters, but I sympathised immensely with Zaneri in this moment.

"I wouldn't get too down on yourself. The dude is literally cursed to have tunnel vision on that—" I paused before looking around, noticing no one was paying me any mind. I leant closer to Zaneri to say my next words. "That Goddess. If I was you, I'd forget about him and try finding someone new." I gave genuine advice, shrugging at the end. She bitterly laughed.

"I could say the same to you, demon." I rolled my eyes at her pettiness, though knew she was just directing her hurt at me to stop it directing at him. I put my hands in my pockets, much like Mel.

"Don't you think I would if I could? Trust me, it wasn't in my to do list 3000 years ago to get cursed to watch that prick choose her indefinitely." I let my eyes fall back onto Meliodas as he continued comforting Elizabeth. A sad smile fell on my face as I patted Zaneri once more. "You can get out. Do it. I know I would if I could."

The trial I went through helped me control my pain. My rage. My sadness. Seeing him prioritise her hurt. It always would. But it was manageable. I could just ball up them feelings and throw them into a locked chest in the back of my mind. It wasn't all consuming anymore.