Sarah-Chapter 13

When I go to school that day I feel entirely exhausted, who knew moving into another house of a person you hate could have such a tole on you? As I sit down in class I sit next to Angela and say Good morning.

Hey so how's your morning and also you're moving I heard you moved into his place the other day Angela says

She's trying to be supportive I know but I'm still bummed around the whole thing. "It wasn't as bad as I thought." I reply I'm trying to be nice.

After that, it's awkward silence. I really don't want to bring up boarding school, but there's really nothing else to talk about.

"Have you told the others?" I ask quietly

I don't have to specify more than I have for Angela to understand. "No, I just think it's better this way."

I get it, I really do, but I feel like it would be better if the group made the most of it with Angela on her last days. Still, if that's what she wants to go with, that's what we'll go with.

***

After recess we had Geo, we were supposed to go to W5 but Ruby told everyone to go to W7 so we were waiting outside the classroom for no reason. Anyways, in the close distance I hear a , "I got a detention."

I turn and see that it's Charlene talking to Tina. I get out of my seat and walk towards her. "Can I see?" She gives me the detention slip and our hands brush as she gives me it and a spark of electricity zips through me. Though if Charlene felt it too, she hid it well.

I look at the slip "skirt rolled up" was the reason stated. I look up from the slip and to Charlene, "Wow Sabrina, rolling up your skirt?" I tease.

"You can't be saying anything, you roll up your skirt right now." She retorts. As she does that the starts playing with the hem of my skirt and I  start to feel warmth creeping up in my cheeks. With the height dynamic of her sitting down and he standing up over her, she has to look up to see my face. Though, she has to do that without sitting down anyways. It makes her look so... so vulnerable looking. 

I roll my skirt down that very moment. "Actually I've no idea what you're talking about." I lean forward so our faces are almost touching.

That's when her eyes drop down to my lips. I get up and walk back to my chair.

***

After school I go 'home' if I can even call it that. Usually Marcus Isn't home, and even if he was he would only be here to sleep, then go back to the office. So I have the pent house all to myself. Finally, some alone time, now that I'm alone I realise that I haven't gotten to be with just myself for a while.

So while I'm home alone I blast some stray kids, go online and buy some albums, order some food.

After I finish my meal, I stay in the silence for a while...maybe I should invite my friends and have a little party.

***

"Cheers to a new home!" Nina shouts while raising her glass.

Everyone else follows. It's nice to have everyone here, especially since this is an indirect party for Angela.

I glance at her and it seems like she's also having a fun time. After we watch some movies, play games it was time for everyone to leave.

I pack everything up and realise that Angela is still sleeping on my couch, I forgot about her when we were playing uno. I laugh to myself, for someone who's angelic, she sure doesn't sleep like one.

I pick her up and take her to my room, she then starts moving, I can feel her cheek next to my collar bone. As I place her down I feel her warmth leading me. I wish I could cradle her all the time. I find myself staring at her fluffy eyelashes.

Fuck. It's when I hear the door creak open, I check the clock, 12:39, must be Marcus. I look back at Angela.

"Who's your friend" I hear a deep voice behind me.

"No one." I say without looking back.

Without saying anything, he leaves.