Charlene- Chapter 11

I'm so lucky I brought the "sleeping" gas with me this time, I had a feeling something was off when I checked the cameras. The guest bedroom was more unorganised than normal. When I went inside, I found Angela passed out in there...interesting.

Instead of visiting my butterfly, I sit next to Angela. Her lips are parted and her hair disarrayed.

***

Today in roll call, Angela seems more paranoid than normal. She keeps staring at me, in some confusion. I've no idea what could cause this but she seems stressed. When one of her friends would break her out of her extremely often zone outs, she would jump. She was like some scared mouse, I wonder if she would still be scared like that in bed. Had she ever felt someone's touch like I would soon? Most likely not. 

I've caught her staring 6 times now. Does she know something I don't because it's getting weird, even for me. After roll call we headed to English. We were still working on that stupid play, I didn't really do anything for it. Atleast Sarah's there.

As we scatter to join our groups, Sarah slowly walks towards our group and sits down. Whenever she's near me she teases or slightly flirts with me. I'm not sure if that's because of her nature or if she's shooting signs but I won't acknowledge un till she says it directly. It's all fun in games after all.

After a while, she taps me on the shoulder, "Hey, remember Matilda?"

Matilda- year kindy to 6, was always a drama queen, never could take a joke, and would cause drama for no reason. For some reason, in school, she would rant in email to us about how we were wrong (though most likely it was just the fact that she was being immature.) 

"How could I not?" I retort.

She clicks something on her laptop, "I was looking through old things and I found a chain of our emails."

"Wait really?" I laugh. "Lemme see."

She proceeds to show me a chain of cringey emails toward Sarah about how Sarah was the one being childish and annoying. Though sometimes she would go off track and talk shit about someone else in her friend group. She was always a bitch, and everyone knew it.

"Holy shit, I forgot about these." A breath escape's my lips. "Hold up, I have to see if I can find any of mine."

I go on discord and try to search up our texts. And omg- they're even cringier than the emails. I've forgotten about these for a while, but just reading these brings back so many memories. Though probably not the ones you would expect. Blood, screaming, lots of empty threats.

"Did she transfer?" Sarah abruptly asks. "After she sent me those texts she didn't come to school. Ever."

I school my smirk. "I've no idea, but maybe she was just too outcasted in the school."

Sarah laughs, so does Lisa though I only hear Sarah's. Just as I look away from Sarah, a particular set of eyes meet mine. Angela turns around so quickly her ponytail smacks her, it's cute. I see her ears go slightly pink not too long after.

Except for that cute moment, I'm getting a little annoyed. Why the fuck is she starring so much. It's pissing me off that I don't know the reason. Was it the kiss? But that wouldn't make sense, she acted weirdly normal after we returned to class.

"Everything ok?" A voice comes from behind me. "You look mad."

I chuckle to look less tense. "Yea, fine."

***

At recess I take her away in a secluded hallway. "What's with all the staring?" I bite out.

She looks up at me, with this unfamiliar terror in her eyes, and something else unrecognisable before it's all gone, like it was never there.

"I don't know what you're talking about." She quickly looks away from my eyes.

She's lying, I've seen enough to know. "Angela." That's all I say, and it's all that needs to be said.

I see a slight tremor, shifty eyes that can't seem to find a place and lock in. She's scared.

"What's wrong with you?" I soften my voice. 

All of a sudden she stops, after a moment I'm interrupted by my butterfly. Fuck, if I'd let anyone get away unharmed interrupting me, it'd be her.

She grabs the wrist of Angela. "C'mon, I wanna eat."

I watch them as they walk down the hallway. With Sarah speeding and dragging Angela behind her. Why such a rush?

When my pocket vibrates I reach in and take out my phone. 

*Dad*

I exhale in frustration what now? If dad's calling me then it's probably something shitty and he wants me to clean up the mess.