Sarah-Chapter 5

I face the cold water on my face. Every once in a while I love a cold shower, it always made me feel peace, serenity, in my own world. Whenever I take a cold shower, it helps me debrief and let me tell you, these past few days have been quite stressful. With Charlene's antics, and my newfound adoration towards Angela, it's all getting to my head. And being in the Kang family, nothing is allowed to get into your head, you get into their head.

I turn the nob, the water slowly running down me, dripping off. I dry myself off and get dressed in my lounge attire. It being light blue, silk pj's. I step out of the bathroom, scrunching my hair in a towel to dry it. That's when I see it-a beautiful, blue morning glory. I stop drying my hair.

How did this get in here? Why is it in here? Who put this here? How did they get in? What's their motive?

All these thoughts run through my mind, almost letting the note next to the flower unnoticed. Keyword-almost. I pick it up;

Sarah, you need to install better security.

I've given you a morning glory, depicting my unhealthy growing obsession towards you.

You reading this has already sealed your fate-you will be mine.

P.S, you should keep distance from Angela. If you don't want to be punished as severely, listen to what I say.

See you later, my butterfly.

Icy chills run down my spine. Do I have a stalker? I look around my house seeing if there's any inconsistencies, but there aren't. I want to run, to scream, to call anyone and everyone, but I can't. I'm stuck in the same spot. How would you react when there's a flower and a note, telling you that you have a stalker? What's an appropriate reaction to this? It's like I'm in a dream, unable to move, talk, think properly.

Deep breath in-

Deep breath out-

Ok, sure, maybe I have a stalker, so what? What are they gonna do to me? If I'm the obsession, they wouldn't want to see me sad, hurt. They would want to see me happy...right? 

And what's with this 'stay away from Angela' stance they have? What's wrong with her? Angela is an angel, she would never hurt a fly. Is my stalker jealous? What're they gonna do if I don't stop hanging out with her?

Breath, Sarah, Breath.

First things first, get new security.

***

After a hefty amount of yelling, I've finally got competent security that can actually do their jobs instead of slacking around.

Second, tell Angela.

I pull out my phone, dialling Angela.

"Hello?" She answers.

"Do you have a minute?" My voice trembling slightly. Just thinking about it makes me fell like they're watching me right now. "I want to talk. At the coffee shop."

"Sounds serious." She kids. Only when silence passes for a moments it's when she get's the memo. "I'll meet you in ten."

"Great, thanks." I close my eyes, disconnecting the call. I exhale dramatically, how am I supposed to say, "hey Angela, I've a stalker and they've told me to stay away from you."

Whatever.

***

Angela's jaw falls slack, her eye's widening.

"S-s-so..." She stutters, rightfully caught off guard. "You have a stalker?"

I nod my head like it's no big deal. "And she wants you to stay away from me?" She points at herself.

"Yea." I say nonchalantly.

"Why aren't you scared?" Her voice wavering.

"I have no idea." I state simply. "It just doesn't feel like they would hurt me." I take a sip of coffee. "They wrote each word with such care and love."

"You feel safe, knowing that someone broke into your home?"

"Not when you put it like that." I laugh, though, it's not really a laughing matter.

Suddenly, I feel a strong force. Something dark, addictive, dangerous. I look around the coffee shop curiously. There isn't anything suspicious, just people getting coffee, friends meeting, and nothing else. I brush off the feeling, whatever it is it can go fuck it's-self. I already have alot on my mind, I don't need more.

"Do you think I should listen?" I say darkly.

She puts her hand on mine. "I'd say do what you want." Angela take another look at the card my stalker left. "Do you think they could've left traces of DNA?"

I start to think about it. "Yea, maybe." Could my stalker really be that dumb? I'm slightly hopeful of that. "Hey, I'm gonna cash in some favours, I have to go." I excuse myself, rushing back to my place. Could I really catch them?

***

"Do you really have to swatch everything?" I stand in the middle of my complex, while a dozen people swatch everything. My bed, kitchen, clothes, bathroom. Everything.

"Do you wanna catch the intruder?" Mary says. She's the one I cashed a favour to. She's in charge of a forensics office.

"Fine, do what you must, but I want you out in an hour." I tap my watch just to make my point loud and clear.

"That's fine by me." She mumbles, then turns her back to me to talk with her employees.

That's when a buzz comes from my jacket pocket. I grab it, looking at my inbox.

Message from unknown

I click it open.

Unknown: Trying to find me, butterfly?

It's them. How did they know what I was doing, am doing?

Sarah: What do you want from me?

Unknown: I ask the questions. And I have one currently, why disobey my very order?

My grip on my phones tighten. Maybe my stalker really is an idiot. I decide to play dumb.

Sarah: What do you mean?

I see them type out a response almost instantly.

Unknown: You know what I mean. Straight after getting my message you go hang out with Angela.

Why do I feel the need to provoke this person? I know it isn't a wise choice, but c'mon. It'll only be subtle.

Sarah: Why don't you want me to hang out with Angela? Jealous?

Unknown: You don't know Angela like I do. She's the devil in disguise. Don't fall for her act. Plus, how could I not be jealous? She's with you all the time, in your bed, in your kitchen, house, not to mention holding your hand. It fills me with fury that it can't be me.

Those last few words makes me shiver. Whoever this is, they're so tender towards me.

Sarah: Why don't you show me you're self?

Unknown: Don't wish for things you don't want to come true, my butterfly.

After that ominous last text, it left me lying awake in my bed. It felt cold, missing something.