Angela-Chapter 3

"I don't want to!" I cried. "He's 6 years older than me!"

I received a slap on my face. Tears welling up in my eyes, threatening to break free.

"Don't you want this family to flourish?" My mothers voice drowned out by the ringing in my ears. "We all have to make sacrifices for this family."

I looked up at her. "Yes, mother."

I stepped out the room, walking back to the crowd, finding Rosa.

"Hey." I greeted. "Have you seen Alex?" I asked casually.

"Sarah's brother?" Rosa took a sip of her sparkling water. "He's out in the backyard."

"Thanks." I smiled sweetly and turned, heading to the backyard.

As I got out of the manor, I spotted Alex and his friends. They were talking about a girl, about how she was a total whore or something. I didn't care to listen, whatever it was it didn't matter. I headed towards them, none of them noticing my presence so I cleared my throat. I smiled, hating how I had to look up. It was humiliating.

"How are you doing?" I cocked my head to the side.

"Good." Alex said dryly.

"Mine just got better." Noah whistled. He always had a thing for me, but time and time again I always rejected him. He just couldn't take the hint. "Have you come to your senses?"

"If you're calling me crazy for rejecting you I think I'd like to remain crazy." I bit back. It wasn't like me to, but after a while you couldn't expect me to remain kind little ol' me.

He chuckles, like what I'm saying is entertaining. "Kitten's got claws." He eyes me up and down like I'm a piece of candy.

I roll my eyes, turning my attention back to Alex, who was now showing something on his phone to his other friend. "Alex, have you been dating anyone lately." I twirl my hair with my finger. Was that subtle or I was being as obvious as an elephant in a room full of ants.

"Angela, if you think you're going to get in a relationship with you're severely wrong." He doesn't even give me so much of a glance.

"Angela!" I hear Sarah's voice call from behind me.

I really didn't want to get caught flirting with her brother but here we are.

"Why did you need to see my brother?" She glances at him, while swinging an arm around my shoulder.

"No reason." I mutter. My cheeks flush red.

"She's trying to flirt with me." Alex interjects. "Though she's not doing a very good job of it."

I look down at the ground full of embarrassment.

"What?" I can feel Sarah's gaze travel to me, then back at her brother. "There's no way, why would she want to date you?" 

"Why wouldn't she?" Alex said, offended. "She obviously has good taste."

"Yea right." Her grip tightens on me. "Come on, let's go."

She leads me back into the house, I glance back at her brother. He's eyeing me like he wants me. Perfect. Though I may seem like a naive little girl, I know how to read people and I know how to do it well. He's fallen already, he just doesn't know it.