Volume 2 Chapter 1

Ryusei POV

After the day we took the intermediate test, we managed to get everyone to pass without any expulsion, although Horikita and I had to spend our points to get a point for Susou so that he wouldn't be expelled.

And even after all this, I think we shouldn't relax, after all there are several things at school that are still a mystery and we don't fully understand. I wonder if when my sister started studying here it was also a busy start even though our situations are very different after all she is in Class A and I am in Class D.

Chabashira: Good morning. Everyone seems restless than usual today.

When the bell rang for the classroom, Chabashira-sensei entered the classroom.

Ike: Sae-chan-sensei! We have 0 points this month too!? When I checked this morning, I didn't even have a single stitch.

Chabashira: Ah, so that's why you guys are restless?

Ike: This month, we worked too hard! We passed the midterm exams so isn't it cruel to still be at 0!? We weren't late for class, we weren't absent, and we didn't whisper!

Chabashira: Don't decide things alone. Let me speak first. Ike, you've clearly worked harder than I've ever seen you try. We recognize this. Naturally, the school understands how you feel too.

After listening, Ike closed his mouth and sat down again.

Chabashira: Well, these are the total totals for this month.

The point results were listed from class A on the paper she placed on the board.

Other than class D, all the classes were very close in points, and they had all received around 100 points.

Class A was at 1004 points, slightly above the amount of points everyone started with. Ayanokouji had said that class A had reached 1000 points yesterday but as we were tired from the stress of the test we didn't think much about it.

Horikita: It's not a very pleasant development. Have they figured out how to increase points reliably?

Horikita seemed to only be concerned about the other class's points, but lke, along with the majority of the class, didn't care about the other classes. For them, is it only important that we have points?

Written next to class D, there were 87 points.

Ike: Huh? That's it, 87... we actually increased our points!? Woohoo!

After seeing the dots, Ike jumped up and down in excitement.

Horikita: Don't be so excited already. All other classes increased their points by the same amount as you did. The difference didn't get any closer. This feels like a reward for passing halfway through the year. Everyone received around 100 points.

Horikita, who wanted to reach Class A, was not happy with the points we received but I think we should take it one step at a time, as reaching Class A will be a very difficult path.

Ike: Are you disappointed, Horikita? Because the difference has increased a little.

I wouldn't say it's little.

Horikita: It's nothing like that. I achieved something this time, after all.

Ike: What do you mean by that?

Ike stood up and asked Horikita. Attracting the attention of the other colleagues, Horikita returned to silence. Hirata Yousuke, after observing the situation, stood up and answered for her.

Hirata: The deductions we received during April and May... in other words, along with whispers and being late for classes, there were no other deductions, is what I believe Horikita-san was saying.