15

Willow's POV

Her life inside of the safety of her own home was nothing like what I would've expected.

Celeste led me through the halls of the spacious house. She was completely silent, an action that left me observing the decor around me. There were vibrant green plants in each and every corner, and soft and delicate fixtures all around.

A massive chandelier was hanging from a vaulted ceiling, illuminating every square inch. It seemed to snuff out the darkness, as if allowing it would welcome in tragedy.

There was an air of femininity that was alive and thriving within the house. It was the polar opposite of the Gothic interior that I'd envisioned. Rather than black or burgundy walls, they were a gentle shade of cream. And where I imagined furniture equally as dark, there were instead plush couches with decorative pillows, and curtains of the lightest shade of pink.

I wondered if this was secretly Aurora's doing, as Cyrus had explained that they lived together. Surely, Aurora was in charge of the decorations. There was no doubt that I would see Celeste's room and would recognize it far better than I was currently.

But when we got to her room, the femininity that danced through the air bristled me with surprise.

Though Aurora was occupying a chair in the corner of the room, I knew that we were in Celeste's room by her name which was nailed to the wall above her bed.

The youngest of the Alpha's siblings was already dressed and ready for the night ahead of her. The delicately colored lilac dress brought out the richness in her tanned skin. Tiny butterfly barrettes the same color as her dress, were scattered throughout her elegantly curled hair.

She looked like the essence of spring.

Aurora smiled brightly at me, eradicating a tension that had intertwined itself into my spine. Seeing her with a smile just as bright as the day I met her, warmed my soul. After the experience she had, the image of a smile wasn't one that I thought I'd get to see again.

Yet there she was. Smiling.

There was a gentle brush against my shoulder, which took my attention away from Aurora. Celeste passed by me with a pointed stare. Though she never voiced it, the warning was there. She wanted me to quit staring.

I did.

Instead of staring, I decided to converse.

"So are people really going to get that drunk?"

Celeste only answered with a nod as she disappeared into her closet. My shoulders slumped as I was met with silence. The stance I had taken in the middle of her room felt so awkward. It matched how out of place I felt.

I wanted to be with Cyrus, the man I sought to take everything from. He brought me more comfort than I cared to admit out loud. But he had left me to go help Atlas start bringing out the liquor bottles. He left me with his psychotic sister.

I was thankful when Aurora's voice filled the room.

"From what I've heard, I would assume that people are going to get pretty messy."

Celeste emerged from her closet with a heap of clothes, tossing them onto her mattress with a snort.

"Hundred bucks says Atlas has his tongue down some girls throat within the first ten minutes."

There was a level of distaste in her tone as she spoke, and I was curious whether or not she had meant for me to grasp it. I was curious what conversations would actually occur if it was just her and Aurora present.