𓆩♡𓆪

At night, I go to the underworld to deliver the news. I got the reaction I had anticipated. But as I turn to leave, my father says, "Wait."

I turn back around. I wait to see what he has to say.

"I want you to meet Selena," he says. My eyebrows lower.

I look to the side, I see a girl wearing black with long, dark hair walking toward me. My head tilted slightly. I could feel she was a demon, but a demon and something else. I ask, "Why have you brought me a cross-bred."

Her eyes are red. She smirks, "Rude."

"Selena is half-demon, half dark witch," he tells me. "I believe you two working together could be beneficial."

When I say nothing, he says, "People see cross-breeds the same way they view us. As monsters. We both want the same thing, Adonis."

"I want to leave this place," she tells me. "I'm powerful. Any spell you could imagine, I can do."

I look back at my father. I tell him, "I don't need help. I can do this all by myself. Are you forgetting about the 200 angels I killed, while all of them tried to kill me?"

I see it in my head. The gates, the bars are on the floor. Everything around me is light, it's white, not me, I taint it with the darkness. The bars get torn apart at my hands. I carry a sword with me, there were 200 of them and only one of me, but I knew my strength.

The horrified looks on their faces as they realized a demon had entered. Using my hands, I used my power to keep angels away from me while my sword slashed the necks of others. They tried to use their spells, I ended their spells in a second, the beautiful angel blood landing on my face as my sword cut their angelic skin.

They tried. All of them. To use the power of 200 angels combined to stop me. They all held their hands out, their feathery white wings keeping them in the air, while I was planted on the ground. I stood with my hand out, what came out of mine was dark, and theirs light. I let out grunts as I fought to overpower them.

And I did. Their spell ended, my sword taking all their lives before I absorbed their souls. I grew more powerful with each one.

I had stood up. Soaked in blood. The fully white place was now stained crimson red. And while it was plastered against my dark features, I smirked as I looked at all of them.

"Just consider it, Adonis," my dad called out to me as I left. 

My dad has always favored Azriel over me, as he is older and stronger. He wants Azriel to lead, and me to do all the work. I catch glances of those stuck down here as I leave - their skin is burnt, a shade of black, you can see some of their bones. Those who have been here the longest have had the worst effects.

If I can't get them out soon, they will die.

I return to school and walk down the hallway. I go to the library, pick out a new book, and see one that Valeria would like. I hold it in my hand as I walk to her room.

But I stop in my tracks as down the hallway, I see Aaron walking out of her room. She steps out with him. She smiles and laughs. I've met him, he's not very funny, I'm not sure what she could be laughing about. 

She hugs him before he walks away. I just keep standing here.

Aaron is not an angel. But I could still kill him. I'm not sure what it is that Valeria sees in him that makes her like him so much. She looks down the hallway and sees me. But I turn around, with her book that is now mine, and go back to my room. 

𓆩♡𓆪

Demons are very easy to piss off. We kill with little provoking. As I walk down the dark hallway, the only light from the ancient chandelier, I mumble some Latin under my breath as the spell blacks out my face. 

The door to Aaron's room is locked. With one quick word, I have it unlocked and entered.

I'm not sure why I'm killing him. Or why he bothers me so much. He just does. I would not allow myself to sleep until I knew this Earth didn't have him on it. 

With him asleep in his bed, my hand wraps around his neck, causing his eyes to shoot open. I don't take his soul. I don't want it. He claws at my wrist, trying to stop me, moving his hand as he tries to use a spell. But it's not strong enough. I remained in place, killing him, with no emotion on my face as I did not feel bad.

The sounds of suffocation turn into silence as he dies. I let his throat go. I think I had broken the bone. I had nearly smiled for the first time in my entire life.

I walk down the hallway, no remorse for what I had done, but when I turn the corner, I freeze.

Valeria.

She had been walking, but stopped in her tracks when she saw me - well, not me, but somebody without a face. Her brown eyes widen. I could tell she was coming from the library. 

I take a step toward her. She takes a step back. This continues until she hits the wall behind her. As I step close enough to her to kill her, she pleads, "Please don't kill me."

She's against the wall and scared. I'm so close to her. My blacked-out face tilts at her as her chest rises and falls.

I lift my hand. She winces.

I tuck a strand of hair behind her ear. She looks both confused and scared as I do this. 

I step back. She continues to look at me, afraid.

But I turn and walk away.

Word Count: 1539