031: The Battle of Starcourt

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇ What I Want ⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

╔══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╗

JAMIE'S POV:

I was booking it down the streets, I didn't care how many red lights I ran or how fast I was going. I was so scared my hands were going numb because of how tight I was gripping the wheel.

"We aren't going to make it..." I started.

"Yes we are."

"How do you know?"

"Because we have done this before, and each time you had no faith. Yet we still did it, so this time isn't going to be any different."

I sighed, "You're right."

We sat in complete silence until we were almost at the parking lot. I heard a reving of a too familiar engine. I turned into the lot and saw the famous blue Camero. 

"Billy?" I said.

Just then I saw Nancy shooting a gun at his car as he was going to hit them.

"HANG ON STEVE!" I yelled.

"WAIT WHA-"

I floored the gas pedal, praying I would make it in time.

"COME ON YOU STUPID TODDFATHER! COME ON!!!" I screamed.

SMASH. I completely ran into Billy's car. I stopped the car and just couldn't believe we had made it. Billy's engine caught on fire and I just was catching my breath. 

"You...okay?" Steve asked.

"Ask me later." I said as I ran over to Billy's car. 

I opened his door and caught him before he hit his head on the ground. 

"Billy? Billy? I need you to wake up!" I said as I shook him.

He mumbled, "S... Sunshine...?"

"Yeah, come on, we need to go!" 

Just then the creature screeched from the roof. 

Steve ran over to me and picked me up to my feet, "We need to go!"

"WAIT STEVE! WE CAN'T LEAVE HIM HERE!"

"JAMIE HE'S FLAYED!"

"W-What...?"

"WHY ELSE DID HE TRY AND KILL NANCY?"

"I-"

I looked back at him laying on the ground, "I...don't-"

Jonathan honked the horn at us, "GET IN!"

Steve opened the trunk and I got in and he followed me after and shut the door. Jonathan than sped away and that monster started following us.

I wasn't even concerned that The Mind Flayer was chasing us. All I could think about was that Billy was flayed. Everything started to make sense, how he didn't show up. Then how he was acting weird when I went to see him at the pool. He got flayed that night on the way over. My eyes started filling with tears, knowing that we were going to close the gate and kill all the flayed; that meant Billy was going to die. I could feel my heart breaking, I couldn't lose him. I loved him too much to let him go.

Steve noticed how devastated I was and he just squeezed my hand to let me know it was going to be okay. I thanked him and watched as that horrible creature chased us down.

"Dusty-bun, you copy?" An unfamiliar voice said through the walkie.

Then Dustin's voice said, "I copy, Suzie-poo. It sounds much better now, thanks."