022: Russians?

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇ What I Want ⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

╔══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╗

3RD PERSON POV:

It had been a couple of months since Jamie graduated high school. So much had happened, she got fired from her last job since the incident with the Mind Flayer, and she was a no-call no-show. The good news is that Starcourt Mall opened and she was able to get a job at The Gap. She honestly liked the job there more than her old place. 

Steve was working at Scoops Ahoy and Billy was a lifeguard at the public pool. Nancy and Jonathan got to be interns at the Hawkins post. Dustin had been at a science camp for the past month and the other kids were just living their lives. Max and Lucas started dating and so did Mike and El, leaving poor Will as a third wheel.

Jamie was working one night when all of a sudden the power to the whole mall went out. Everyone was confused by the sudden blackout but a few minutes later everything came back on. She had a strange feeling but told herself she was worried for no reason. 

After the mall closed and every store was cleaning up, she met up with Steve and his co-worker Robin. Robin is a nice girl, she's in the band, did theater, is super funny, and is just an amazing person to be around. 

"Hey guys!" Jamie called out.

"Jamie!!!" Robin ran and hugged her.

Steve smiled at her. After last year's events, Jamie did end up getting back with Billy. However, she did tell him he had to get into better habits in order for her to date him, and he did. He quit smoking, and drinking, was a lot nicer to Max, and was becoming a better person. 

"How was your shift?" Jamie asked.

"Terrible, Steve's children keep coming in to sneak into the theater."

Jamie just laughed, "Yeah sounds about right."

They all walked to the parking lot just talking about what teens talk about. Sadly, Robin had to part ways leaving Steve and Jamie alone. Steve had been picking up and dropping Jamie off since her car was getting fixed after it broke down. Jamie had initially declined his offer but he kept asking to where she finally gave in. 

Once they got in Steve said, "I still find Robin weird."

"That's because you were all about popularity."

"If that's what you say."

"I do say!"

"When does Dustin get home?"

"Tomorrow, I won't see him till I get back. He might be asleep by that point."

"Damn."

"I won't be surprised if he stays at Mike's place all summer."

"Maybe he'll join the gang into sneaking."

She laughed. The rest of the car ride was filled with silence. Steve didn't speak up until they were at her house. 

"See you tomorrow," He said.

"Yeah."

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

Jamie walked up to the door and Steve always made sure she was inside safely before he drove off. She got changed into more comfortable clothes and she waited for her boyfriend to knock on the door, but he never did. She figured he had forgotten and went to bed.

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

The next day Steve had picked up her and the car was filled with silence, per usual. Jamie's mind was thinking about why Billy didn't show up and why there wasn't a phone call. She was so worried and Steve could tell. Though Steve figured it wasn't his place to ask, so he didn't.