018: Confused

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇ What I Want ⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

╔══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╗

JAMIE'S POV:

Steve slowly walked closer to the meat. Everyone was on edge, worried that Steve wouldn't be so lucky this time. He whistled and called out to the creature. Max climbed down from the top asking what he was doing.

"Expanding the menu," Dustin replied. 

Max shook her head, "He's insane."

Dustin just smiled, "He's awesome."

I agreed with Max. Steve is being stupid and risking his life for a monster that he can't kill. They all kept watching. 

Just then Lucas yelled, "STEVE, WATCH OUT!" 

Steve shouted back, "A LITTLE BUSY HERE!" 

"THREE O'CLOCK! THREE O'CLOCK!"

Steve looked over and saw another Demogorgon. 

I opened the door, "STEVE! COME BACK!"

He looked at me, and then the first Demogorgan leaped. Steve dogged to the left, rolling off the hood of a car and it smashed into the windshield. The second one jumped at him but he hit it with the bat. Everyone was shouting for him to get back inside. Steve was running for his life, my heart skipped a beat when he jumped inside. I slammed the door shut, holding it closed with my feet. 

"ARE THEY RABID OR SOMETHING?!" Max asked.

"KIDS, GET TO THE BACK OF THE BUS NOW!" I yelled. 

Just then one of their arms reached in and grabbed my leg. 

"STEVE!" I screamed. 

He grabbed the bat and dragged me to the back of the bus. The monsters were hitting the side of the bus, throwing us around. Dustin was shouting for anyone through his walkie, my leg was throbbing and I could feel the blood. Just then we heard a bang on the top and another, and another. Max looked up and screamed. 

Steve moved her out of the way and said, "YOU WANT SOME? COME GET THIS!"

It screeched then suddenly stopped. Then all the monsters left us alone. We all just stood still, not knowing why they left. Steve carefully opened the door and led everyone out.

"What. Happened." Lucas asked.

"I don't know," Max replied. 

"Steve scared 'em off?" Dustin asked.

Steve responded, "No. No way. They're going somewhere."

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

We were all walking back to Steve's car to find the others. Steve noticed that I was limping. 

"You okay?" He asked.

"I'll be fine."

He looked at my now bloodstained jeans, "It doesn't look okay."

"I'll clean it up, don't worry."

He looked away, "I'm...I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"I was supposed to protect you and I didn't and now you're hurt-"

"Steve quit it. You couldn't do a thing. Plus, I was protecting the kids."

He stared into my eyes, "Jamie, you know how pretty you are?"

"Yeah...Billy tells me every day."

I should have kept that to myself because he walked ahead. 

When I caught up Max asked, "When's he gonna molt again?"

"It's gotta be soon. When he does, he'll be fully grown or close to it. And so will his friends," Dustin replied.

"Yeah, and he's gonna eat a lot more than just cats," Steve commented. 

Lucas stopped Dustin, "Wait, a cat? Dart ate a cat?"

"No, what? No," he replied.

"What are you talking about? He ate Mews," Steve answered.

Max looked at Steve, "Mews? Who's Mews?"

"Dustin and Jamie's cat."

"STEVE!" Dustin shouted.

"I knew it! You kept him!" Lucas said.

"NO! No! No, I...No, I...he missed me. He wanted to come home."

"Bullshit!"

"I didn't know he was a Demogorgon, okay?"

"Oh, so now you admit it?"

Max interrupted, "Guys, who cares? We have to go."

"I CARE!" Lucas said, "You put the party in jeopardy! You broke the rule of law!"

"SO DID YOU!" 

"WHAT?"

"YOU TOLD A STRANGER THE TRUTH!" Dustin the pointed his flashlight in Max's face.

She scoffed, "A STRANGER?"

I heard a screech in the distance and I followed it. I heard Steve ask what I was doing but I ignored it. This time Steve shouted my name, I didn't care. I knew something was up and I needed to figure it out. 

I got to a clearing on the hill and the rest caught up. Lucas got his binoculars out and searched around.

"It's the lab...they were going home."

Steve grabbed my hand and I squeezed back. 

╚══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╝

A/N:

Hey! Sorry this is such a short chapter, I got home from work and this is all I had left in me to write. I'm still unsure if I should do Billy or Steve. I might do Billy but don't worry! I promise that Jamie does end up with Steve just unsure when right now.