A Battle Of Wits and Courage, Part One

Navy snarled, a gun making it's way into his hand. "We'll just see about that."

Purple's eyes widened, and his heart dropped.

He recognized that gun.

"King, get the others out of here. Now."

"What?! No! I'm not-"

"King, please. Just trust me. I'll join you guys as soon as I'm done dealing with this guy. I promise. Just go!"

It hurt Purple sending King away, because King was trying to protect him, but he had no choice.

He had to protect King.

In one way or another.

Navy fired, and Purple jumped out of the way.

"Shit, shit." He grabbed a discarded ViraBand.

"Okay, here goes nothing. Let's just hope these still work."

King and the others were grateful to escape with their lives.

"Purple!" Green shouted.

"Kid, come on. We've gotta get out of here." King said.

"No! That's your son! Your not losing a son, and I'm not losing my best friend!"

"Green."

"No! Your son is in there!"

"And I trust my son. I know he knows what he's doing. Please. You have to trust him." King said, a reassuring hand on Green's shoulders.

Green took one last glance at the throne room, and sighed. "How do we get out of here?"

"First, we come up with a defense. Dark, Chosen, Second. The three of you will protect Purple and keep any guards at bay."

The three hollowheads shared a glance.

"Willow, Sunny. You two will make sure Gold and the others are okay. Get them out."

Willow and Sunny high fived and ran off.

"The five of us will keep Orchid at bay, making sure that she is taken care of. The less problems Purple has to deal with, the easier it will be on him to defeat Navy."

"Your trying to protect him with this."

"That's Chosen's job."

"Your still putting precautions in place to make sure Purple is protected."

"Like Green said, that's my son. I trust him, and he knows what he's doing, but he can't take all of this on his own. If he does, he's going to die."

Green looked at him. "Is he-"

"No. Purple is going to be fine. I promise."

Green smiled.

"Okay, let's get out of here. I'm sure Orchid is around her somewhere." Yellow said, running off.

"Second."

Second turned to look at the older stick.

"Keep Purple safe."

"I will."

"HEY, COWARD! COME OUT AND FIGHT!"

A fireball flew over Purple's head.

"Fuck."

He glanced at the ViraBand around his wrist.

"Okay...let's do this."

He jumped behind another piece of rubble. "HEY! CHARIZARD COCKBURN! COME AND GET ME!"

Another fireball came flying at him. Purple flew up into the air.