Chapter 24

2024

Paris

After living over a century, I am now an editor-in-chief of Vogue. My first project was to eliminate the foolish standards that have been provided by previous editors.

The minimum height for fashion runway is now five foot and five inches. In every fashion runway, there should be a mix of different nationalities. No nationality should be casted twice as to give other models to be casted.

The minimum waistline is now twenty-six inches instead of twenty-four inches. Any model who does not meet the criteria will not be casted by Vogue. Model Scouts are not allowed to shout at the models.

Model Scouts also should not meddle in the personal affairs of the models without the consent of the model. Model Scouts and Agencies should welcome the different attitudes of their models.

Rude and Offensive languages are strictly prohibited. Liquor and Cigarettes are allowed as it is the only thing that keeps models awake in this evolving industry.

I walk across the street and feel something hit me. The last thing that came in mind is the image of Amber. The one who got away.

My mind and senses are quicker to operate than my eyes. I can appear asleep but still have my mind operate on my surroundings using signals and information that my senses have picked. I am at the hospital and there is a car that hit me.

The driver is a woman and is sitting beside me, regretting that she was over speeding because she is going to be late for an interview. Ironic, I was the one who was supposed to interview her. "Miss Ellie, you can rest for a while. The doctor is going to check up Miss Cornelia. You will be informed soon of her condition." The nurse says.