Chapter 23

1980

New York

I am paying my sins.

Each day, I wake up in different rooms of men. Sometimes even women. Their touch has been haunting me making it difficult for me to sleep every night. Expensive steaks and wines are used as bait for me to be with them. I know what they need and the danger that I am willing and voluntarily be a part of. No, I am not enjoying this but I need to.

I am not after the money nor fame as I have a share of that in the previous decades. Truth be told, I have savings that are triple the amount of the people that hire me every night.

There is a certain level in life where you will get tired of anything that shines because you know what you had to give in.

I am not stupid to be putting myself willingly in this dangerous night adventures but I am still a human who has given my conscience and I am determined to take it back. If you are wondering why I cannot do anything to fight the spell that has been casted on me it is simply because I am losing crazy ideas. Every time I bruise myself, the wound will get heal itself. No matter how many partners I have, the doctors will declare me clean.

If you have any idea as to how to have a normal life, tell me your bid.

I went to visit the youngest recruit of this industry. Her name is Kathy Wood, she just turned eighteen but men twice her age are attracted to her youthful beauty. In order to continue thriving as a model, having one reliable friend is better than having a lover. She is lying unconscious and naked on the floor with a bottle of wine on the floor. Her underwear is nowhere to be found. I check her pulse and see that she has cut her wrist. Kathy is still breathing but barely. I quickly dial the ambulance demanding them to act immediately.

I run to my room to get band aid and wipes to clean the wound of Kathy. After cleaning her bruise, I put some clean and comfortable clothes around her. I accompany her inside the ambulance as they rush her to the hospital. I refuse to operate on her despite of my medical experience as a professional. I am afraid that I get too emotional and will lose focus. Later on, it will be revealed that she is not the only aspiring model who is being forced to take in drugs just to get a contract.