Chapter 4

Aldie always communicates with me in a very creative manner. This time, he delivers his message with the help of a trained pigeon. Oh, what an adorable creature to be conveying such a wonderful message!

Meet me tonight, under the tree at six o'clock. I long for your company and would want to see you later. Please do not refuse, I am just doing what I know is right. We promised to help each other, right?

- Aldie

I clutch the note to my chest, it feels like he is beside me as I silently read his letter. It feels right that we will be seeing each other again after a very long time.

I open my wardrobe and choose a green dress that will complement my pair of blue eyes and golden curls. This time, I am going to plan my escape from this house to avoid answering questions. It has been such a terrible feeling being interrogated regarding my whereabouts. My family do a better job doing a better investigation than the police.

Climbing down the house has been a very difficult task to do! I pack my heels with me as I take with me my bicycle and head to our meeting place. We always spend the time to be united every sunset as to avoid suspicious eyes. This time, he has arrived earlier and I do appreciate that he has waited for me. Aldie takes my hand as we proceed to a reserved room. I was hesitant at first to proceed inside as there might be other people invited to be with us tonight. "Are you sure that we are safe?" I whisper. Aldie places his hand on top of mine and replies in a hushed tone "you are always safe with me."

So, this is what a steak tastes like. It has been ages since the last time that mother has prepared such a lovely meal. Being served fish and vegetables is fine with me but I do wonder what it feels to be served another food.

I cannot help but notice how handsome Aldie looks tonight, with his newly trimmed haircut and shaved mustache. I never thought that I would be able to fall in love once more with the same man. After dinner, we decide to dance together.

People always think that Aldie is very much in love with his job as a commander general but he is a very romantic man who always meticulously plans every dinner date that we share together. He presses his lips against mine, this time is very different. Aldie opens his mouth wider as he pulls me closer. "Aldie you must not, it is very improper." I beg him.

"Please let me spend more time with you tonight." Aldie begs.