Chapter 6

Dear Cornelia,

It is official, I am no longer allowed to meet you. I have decided to stay with my beloved wife Eva. We are having a baby girl named Anne. It saddens me to be sharing this news of detachment from a good friend like you. I pray the best for you and your family.

PLEASE do not try writing to me for I will not writing back to you.

-Aldie

I am confused and indignant as I grab my purse and decide to head to the head office of the Swastika team. The sight of decaying bodies piled up on the street is no problem to me as I continue heading to the man who stole everything from me.

Oh, why are men so terrible?

Mother was right, men only want one thing from us women. If only I have listened just like a good girl, I will not be suffering in good grief. I have been blocked from going further as it seems that there are gun shots that are being exchanged across the street.

I hide at a safe place as I protect myself from the unforeseeable dangers. I thanked God that I am still alive despite the possibility that I could have been shot a while ago had I not been careful. Still, I am mad at Aldie for treating me like a toy. For Christ's sake, I have always been his best friend!

I wipe my tears as I try to navigate my way in this dreadful and awful town that wreaks of blood, soil and busted cement. My hatred towards Aldie motivates me to keep on searching for him.

"HOW DARE YOU ALDIE!" I shouted at the middle of the street and throw my pair of heels across the street. I dare death to come and take me now as I spend my remaining energy looking for an abandoned building where I can lie awake as I wait for my few minutes of being alive be taken.

This war has left nothing for me, it took my sanity, my favorite pair of shoes and the only man that I have truly loved. If death will be so kind to be visiting me so soon as to end the endless suffering that I feel. I might appear spoiled like a child but living without any purpose nor motivation is the worst experience that any human will ever encounter.