The Invitation

Author's POV

A few days later....

Vamika's exhibitions were attracting more admirers with the passage of time.

"Vi, you won't believe it." Reyaansh said in his super excited tone.

"What happened?" Vamika asked hoping that everything is good. She calmed her racing heart before calming Reyaansh.

"All of your paintings are sold out. Every-single-one-of-them. Can you believe it?" Reyaansh hugged her in his excitement.

"OMG, this is the best news to celebrate." Meera said joining their hug.

"Ok ok, calm down but who bought all of them. Matlab they are not cheap" Vamika doubted knowing the worth and increasing demand of her paintings.

"Shit yaar, I forgot to ask his name from receptionist but she pointed at him" Reyaansh pointed at a person who was wearing black suit having a dark aura around him.

Vamika walked towards him.

"Hello, thanks for buying my paintings." She said forwarding her hand as a thank you gesture.

Aayansh's POV

I saw her hugging a guy whom I have seen with her countless times. I know he's her friend but still in that moment, I felt a pang in my heart. I felt like burning the whole place down with him in it. I wanted to peel the skin off him with which he has touched her.

Then I saw her approaching me with my side view. I know she got the news that I bought all of her paintings. I still had those images in my mind of hugging him when I heard her voice. It was so sweet and alluring that I forgot to respond her in that moment.

"Umm...hello. Mr?" She said making me come back to reality.

I turned around facing her but froze when I saw her. She is the most beautiful girl I've ever seen...a goddess. Her eyes were so deep. Her lips were moving but I was so lost in her that I couldn't make out what she was saying.

She touched my arm noticing that I was lost somewhere. I came out of my thoughts.

"Are you okay?" She asked and I saw her concerned face for me. A small smirk formed on my face seeing her worrying about me.

(Delulu is solulu😂😂 It's just humanity for her but who cares)

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's just that I liked your paintings so I thought to buy them" I replied and her facial expressions relieved seeing I'm alright.

"I'm glad that you liked them. I have put a lot of effort on them and each one is close to my heart. So I hope you will take proper care of them." She said giving a smile that can make me do anything for her.

"Hmm.." I hummed returning my attention back to one of her painting.

"What do you think when you see this one?" She asked pointing towards the paining I was admiring.

"It has a man standing above a pile of debris having a hammer in his hand. He is looking at something above in the sky from where a ray of sun is coming. I think it's a ray of hope for him. And he has destroyed everything in his path to reach at the top which represents the debris." I explained what I concluded from that painting.

"Hmm...you are right. He wanted to achieve more and more everytime. So he destroyed everything that came in his path and now he is standing at the top but he is alone. So he is hoping from that ray to get someone to share all of that with. He is lonely and needs someone to rely on because now he is tired of being on his own. He has the whole sky and earth under his control but still is so lonely that it's all waste for him" She elaborated pointing out every detail.

I realised that the man in the painting had a lot in common with me and she is the ray of hope in my life, light to my darkness, missing piece to my puzzle of life and I will not let her go anywhere after knowing she's the one. If not yet, she will be soon my queen.

"I forgot to ask your name" She said after taking a pause for a moment.

"Aayansh Bedi" I introduced myself and forwarded my hand.

"Vamika Sharma" She reciprocated by shaking my hand. Her touch was soft like feathers but there was a stiffness. Maybe because of holding brushes.

My phone rang and I excused myself.

Author's POV

Aayansh moved aside so nobody hears him.

"Burn him alive and transfer his responsibilities to Mr. Roy. I don't want anymore fuck up." He growled at the person who was on the other side of phone.

"Yes boss" The person on the other side said, fear lacing his voice.

He went back to the girl who was capturing his heart with every meeting.

"Ms. Sharma I would like to invite you to my party" His eyes soften as soon as he reached her and offered her an invitation letter to his party.

"Party?" She asked for the purpose of that event.

"It is my birthday so my family and friends wanted to organise an event. I would feel good if you will come" he explained.

"Oh, I would love to come" she accepted his invitation giving him her innocent smile and his cold heart melted again.

"I will see you there then" he said masking his face again with his emotionless face and left from there telling one of his men to get all the paintings to the mansion.

All the paintings were packed safely and given to his men.

Aayansh reached his mansion and ordered the paintings to be hanged on his floor.

"Beta whose paintings are these?" Kritika asked noticing the servants taking the paintings to the top floor where only her elder son stays.

Aayansh hugged his mother and said stopping her curious mind to ask more "Don't worry Mom. I just went to an exhibition and liked them. So I thought to buy them"

Raj came from behind and called the mother-son duo.

"Saara pyar apne bete par hi luta dengi toh humare liye kuch bachega hi ni Mrs. Bedi"

"Shut up, Raj. Kuch toh sharam kariye" Kritika said facing her husband and giving him a fake glare.

"Apno se kya sharam Mrs. Bedi" he said having a small smirk on his face.

Kritika shaked her head and went in the kitchen.

"How is everything going?" Raj inquired his son about the business that he handed over to his son after taking retirement and stepping down from his position to spend time with his family.

"As always. Nothing I can't handle" Aayansh assured his father.

Tired from the day, he went to his room while admiring the paintings of his little artist.