Chapter 12

We had spent around 5 hours training, after I got used to swing the sword Jing Yuan had taught me different techniques and foot work. But you could how bad the exhaustion was hitting me, and he decided it would be time to end the lesson. 

"How about we go get some food now, you must be hungry," Jing Yuan said facing towards me as I was putting way my stuff. 

"Of course I am," I said as Yanqing piped up. 

"Let's go to Aurum Alley Night Market!" He said as Jing Yuan nodded softly. 

"Yeah, we could go there," Jing Yuan said as I struggled to pick up my bag from how tired my arms were, and Jing Yuan grabbed it from me placing it over his shoulders. 

"Thank you," I said as I rubbed my arm, the bracelet that Caelus had bought me making a small clinking sound with itself.

Jing Yuan had caught noticed of the small bracelet and commented, "Did someone buy that for you from here?" 

"Yes, Caelus the guy with the gray hair. He said a local recommended it." I said as a smiled appeared on my face knowing he had thought of me in that way, "How did you know it was from here?"

Jing Yuan had scoffed at my answer before looking away and replying, "The jade is a staple here in the Xianzhou," he had begun to walk away as Yanqing appeared beside me with a smug look. 

"I don't think he likes that you got something from here by someone else," Yanqing said as I shrugged my shoulders both of us walking to meet Jing Yuan. 

We were walking through the General's palace which he called it, Yanqing had placed his bag down as I followed Jing Yuan who had mine. He had placed mine on a couch near the living room as Yanqing ran to catch up with us. 

"It's going to be a bit of a walk but I'm assuming you don't mind that," he said as he looked towards me.

"As long as it's not back and forth like a mission," I said as I rolled my eyes not wanting to remember all the walking I had done before on this world.

He had found his way to the front door and held the door open for me and Yanqing the same as before as we walked out. We waited for him to lock up and I couldn't help but ask.

"Don't y'all get tired of wearing those clothes all the time?" looking towards their uniforms and Yanqing examined his own. 

"Well, it is my uniform, to be fair I would much rather wear my pajama's all day but that wouldn't be very fitting as the General," Jing Yuan said as I nodded agreeing as Yanqing just shrugged. 

We had begun walking, Yanqing walking a bit in front of Jing Yuan and I, but Jing Yuan kept my pace making small talk. 

"Soooo, what is your favorite food?" He asked awkwardly as I smiled.

"I actually don't know," I said as Jing Yuan looked towards me with a confused look.

"How do you not know your favorite meal?" I looked towards him solemnly before answering.

"Well, I don't really know who I am. Where I arrived on the Express, I had no recollection of who I am or at least was," I could tell there was a sad face on Jing Yuan's face as I responded.

He placed his hand on my shoulder in response, "Sorry for asking."

"It's not your fault, besides that just means I can try everything for the first time again," I said looking up towards him with a smile as a small one appeared on his as well.

"Can I be honest with you?" He asked as I looked towards him in confusion. 

"Sure?" I said a little scared of what he might say.

"The reason I wanted you here was not because I just wanted to train you," he started as my face immediately turned into an apologetic look. 

"Oh no! I knew I was being a burden to you too," I said looking down towards the floor again continuing my pace. 

"No no! I uh," his face began to turn a soft hue of red as he stuttered, Yanqing was now curious as to what he was going to say slowing his pace, "I wanted you here because when I saw you, I became interested in you,"

My face now began to blush as well as I stared towards him now stopping and so did he, "Are you saying what I think you're saying?" I spoke.

"If you're thinking that I brought you here for a date then... yes," he said now completely turned away from me. 

The pit in my stomach began to churn as all of my racing thoughts from before began to swirl back into existence. This stunning, grown man really was saying that he was interested in me and brought me here for a date. All the stuff that Himeko had joked about were now coming back as I was starstruck with nothing to say. 

"I'm sorry," the silence was starting to get tense as I hadn't spoke, "Uh yeah, I would love for us to continue our date then," I said as he turned around to face me softly.

"Well then uh, that settles it. Let's continue." Jing Yuan began to walk again but more quickly as Yanqing spoke. 

"No wonder he skipped his nap today to get your sword," Yanqing said before running to meet up with him and I soon caught up. 

{926 Words}