Chapter Sixty-three: Familiar.

Zacznij od początku

"We've already built a study schedule," Annie scoffed and casually took out a folded piece of pink paper from her hoodie pocket, then she unfolded it and unfolded it and unfolded it... it was glorious!

"That is beautiful," There could have been stars in my eyes as I watched them go and hold the massive schedule by the ends, showing off the magazine cut outs and stickers and decorations. "What's with all the blank spaces, though?"

"Fun activities obviously, we didn't want to pick them out without you." Susan said pinning an edge to my bulletin board while Annie did the other. "The Ramirez's send off party is coming up soon, we're going to that, it'll be a great way to end the day after coming back from the library."

"Oh yeah... Pedro's leaving for Canada." I nodded. "How do you feel?"

She shrugged, her ears turning red, "I don't think it's really hit me yet..."

"She's going to confess to him, watch." Annie chided and squealed when Susan feigned poking her with a push pin. Then Annie decided to arm herself with her own pin so that they started a mini sword fight.

Their laughter suddenly made me feel all kinds of bubbly and I couldn't fight the giggle that spilled from my lips, "What day can we fix swimming? We can go to Mom's estate."

"That is a great idea!" Annie gasped, grabbing my hand.

"Wait are you serious?!" Susan came to squish my face, crazy and excited from this angle. "A heated pool!"

"Then we can visit the spa!" Annie said.

"Your Granny can hook us up with some yoga classes, Susan." I turned to her.

"Heated pool!!" She screeched and somehow we'd joined hands and spun in a loop in the middle of my bedroom like we were little again, laughing and swinging around and around till we collapsed on the floor, cackling.

"Are you girls okay?!" I heard Dad call from downstairs, causing us to laugh some more.

It was only a regular weekday, but there was just something about it that made me feel like the luckiest girl in the world.

✧✧✧

"If i encounter paparazzi today it's your fault, Susan." I tried to sound exasperated but honestly, I found my foot being stuck in some snow a little funny. "I don't know how you managed to get me out today."

"Right? How did you get me into wearing such a long skirt?!" Annie lamented, trudging over the crunchy snow.

"You're wearing that because it's zero degrees out, Annie, not because you're going to church." Susan laughed, beconing us from up ahead the street. "Besides, I told you you could wear jeans!"

"You're lucky I'm good at styling clothes." Annie said, helping me yank my foot out from where it was stuck. I should have worn better boots.

"Don't worry, I like your skirt, it's so bohemian." I said, pulling her along so we could catch up with Susan.

"Isn't it? Thanks! I actually like the way it swishes, but don't tell Susan." Annie stage whispered and gave me a wink. She'd made a good choice pairing it with a long brown sweater with pink flowers that stopped right on her hips.

I just put on a regular old hoodie and trousers guaranteed to keep me warm all under my winter jacket. Then there was Susan who was probably immune to cold with her single leggings and simple green sweater.
There was a heater in the church at least.