S Z NFOUR - Episode 3: Almost Had me

Start from the beginning

"Nah, you actually didn't take that long", I comforted him. I twiddle my fingers, not knowing what to say to fill in the empty space. I wanted him to open up to me, I wanted to open up to him but I already made it clear I wasn't trying to hear about anything bitches related. I had to sit in the hole I dug for myself.

"My bad about earlier, I just... I get it, when they need you, you have to go. That's just how it works."

He sighed, "if you only knew... It's aight though." He pulled his eyes away from the road quickly to look at me.

We eventually pulled into the parking garage and got out of the car. We didn't exchange not one word the rest of the ride and as we walked upstairs to the condo. When we got inside, I put my dress and stuff away and Bam went and poured himself a drink. I decided to go shower and get comfortable. I asked if he wanted to join me but he said not this time. He had some business he had to take care of on the phone. He kissed my forehead and went to go sit on the couch.

I couldn't stop the overthinking in the shower. The thoughts flooded my brain as the water ran down my body. Maybe the lines are getting too blurred? What happened when he went to the girls place? He seemed so distracted in his thoughts. Maybe he regrets not dealing with me like his other bitches? But he wasn't going to open up and tell me about it, with the way I've been acting. We've gotten to a weird place, this doesn't feel like just business.

How long have I been in love with this man? Am I in love with this man? Cause why am I trippin that he's doing regular pimp shit and he's a pimp? He's even doing irregular pimp shit, by letting me have so much power and say. And I haven't worked at the strip for him not even once yet... It makes me think he may be in love with me too?... Man, I don't fucking know anymore.

I let the water pour on me and try to wash away everything in my mind. I stayed in the shower for a while, trying to let it cleanse me. When I got out of the washroom, he was still on the phone. But he ended his conversation quickly after.

"Want to watch a movie or something?", he offered. He was getting comfortable laying down on the couch.

"Sure", I said walking over to him. I laid my body beside his on the couch, I could feel his heart beating kind of fast.

"Ey, you sure you're good?" I asked, defeated.

"Yeah I'm good, just got a lot on my mind."

"Are we good?..And you know, we can talk about it", I suggested.

"It's aight, we're good, I just want to watch a movie with you right now." He said, kissing the back of my head.

"You sure?", I offered one last time.

"Yeah hush, come", he said, pulling me closer into him. He scrolled through the variety of netflix movies till we found one we liked.

The next few days were weird, he didn't invite me on his trips. He was out during the day and at home by the night, but it was as if he wasn't here, distracted as fuck. I kept trying to get him to open up but he wouldn't. Ever since he went out that night, he's been off. I couldn't help but think something happened, as much as I didn't want to. But what, and why wouldn't he just tell me?

It was Thursday morning, the morning of my birthday. I rolled over and my leg kicked something off the bed.

"I think you did that on purpose you know", Bam soft voice pierced through my sleepy state. Subtly bringing me back from my dream to his condo. I rubbed my eye, bringing myself back into reality.

"Huuuuuuh?", I yawned and stretched.

He chuckled, "happy birthday mama". He leaned down to grab the present and placed it back on the bed whilst kissing my head.