34) FRIDAY

You had been squatting in the warehouse for about two months now.

It was July 3rd if you remembered correctly. It was dark, too. But while most people were preparing to celebrate Independence Day, you were busy doing other things. Coding, to be specific.

Your own personal natural language user interface computer.

Strewn about on your computer desk were several empty coffee cups, what little food you had stolen and rationed to survive, an abandoned bowl of cereal, and a notebook all about creating an AI.

You thought it would be a fun and interesting challenge to undertake since the main inspiration was JARVIS, made by your dad. As a kid he was probably your best friend, always looking out for you and creating games to play when everybody else was busy.

You knew you were smart enough to make your own AI, but you just didn't have the experience, hence the notebook. It was your dad's college notebook from his time at MIT, and you had stolen it from the library years ago.

This AI project had been going on for about a month already, started as soon as you gathered what you needed and loaded it into the warehouse. You hadn't slept properly in God knows how long but that was fine because you were currently on a roll.

Your head was beginning to droop but you kept your eyes wide open as you rapidly typed away on the keyboard.

"Rewrite basic command... Program of obedience." You kept muttering to yourself, ticking off mental boxes as you scanned the code. "Linguistic annotation. Machine learning based on NGL, NLP, and NLU. Neural network with a sentimental analysis."

After this main checklist, you finally took a break, leaning back in your chair to assess the code from a distance.

"This thing'll be ready for a Turing Test in no time." You joked. "Now you need a name, sweet code o' mine."

As you said it, a yawn suddenly slipped out. You took a hefty breath and sighed, rubbing your eyes as you blinked several times.

"Sleep first, maybe."

You leaned across the makeshift desk to push some notes out of the way and found a small smartwatch hidden underneath the clutter. The date was Friday, July 3rd, and it was 11:59pm.

"Friday already." You mused with a lazy smile. "Friday... Already. Friday."

Suddenly sleep didn't seem so important. Before the minute was up you were already writing a list of possible acronyms for the AI.

Fully realized intelligence data analysis yield?

Feeling rather intelligent doing anything yours?

You were still drawing blanks ten minutes later. You turned to the notebook instead, picking out the first words you saw and stringing them together.

Female. Replacement. Intelligent. Digital. Assistant. Youth.

"Good enough." You decided. "Better than mine. God, I'm tired."

You quickly typed in some more code to name your creation and put in 'F.R.I.D.A.Y.' on the blank space. Then you hit download.